Chapter 15: Standing For Cassie

So a day when you've lost yourself completely

Could be a night when your life ends

Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving

All the pain held in your

Hands are shaking cold

Your hands are mine to hold

The All-American Rejects-Move Along

Drew was shaking as he felt his anger build after C.J. was escorted into the school building by their basketball coach, along with the suit and tie clad dean. Simone's eyes fluttered shut as she rubbed her neck.

"You alright?" Ashley asked Simone.

"I'm fine, thank you," Simone replied, her voice quivering, as Ashley helped her up from the floor.

At that moment, Drew had finally had enough.

"So, you guys are proud of yourselves, huh?" Drew spoke up, angrily. "Got the job done."

"What the hell are you even talking about?" Ashley retorted.

"Don't act dumb, you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Well, I honestly don't know what you're talking about, 'cause me and Simone were just having a normal, civilized conversation until C.J.'s crazy ass ran up on Simone!"

Drew scoffed in disbelief at what Ashley actually just said. "A civilized conversation?!" he said, outraged. "You were literally laughing at his twin sister overdosing, and is in the hospital as we speak!"

"First of all," Simone spoke up, her voice hoarse. "We weren't even talking about Cassie, you really think we care about what happens to her?"

At this moment, Drew almost kicked himself mentally for holding C.J. back, because Simone really deserved to be choked out.

"Well, first of all, I just so happened to be friends with Richard, he's in the basketball team, and his house is a few blocks away from Cassie's house, so y'all lying through your teeth, and you were fucking talking about her while she's still up in that shitty ass Jamaica Hospital on the Van Wyck with them doctors bleeding her dry, just to see if the drugs she took were still in her system! And you telling me that this was your fucking civilized conversation?!" Drew yelled, completely irate.

Simone and Ashley just stood there dumbfounded.

"You know, Cassie told me everything that you've done to her," Drew continued. "Ever since her best friend moved away, you made it your mission to make her life a living hell, and you did. 'Cause now, her grades are low 'cause she couldn't do her fucking work! She can't do her fucking work 'cause her mind was focused on when you bitches were gonna come to get her, and her parents were worried about her future because they had no idea why she was bringing home bad grades, 'cause that wasn't like her, I mean, what the hell did she ever do to you?!"

Simone looked stunned, while on the contrary, Ashley looked unfazed at Drew's words.

"And the worst part is that along with you pushing her around, making those two assholes come after her while she was using the fucking bathroom, and sending her those lame ass texts--oh, yeah, what about those texts?" Drew said coldly. "Those texts fucked her mind up, making her think that she was a 'stupid white trash cunt', making her fail her midterm for trig, all leading up to her trying to kill herself! And I guess that's what you guys wanted, with the text you sent, 'member that? You wanted her to choke on her dinner, you wanted her to 'just kill herself'."