Chapter 7

School went about as well as predicted. We may as well have walked around with a spotlight aimed at us, for all the attention we got. Not that I could fault my peers. Georgia’s beauty was enough stir arousal in even the most speciesist students.

By the time first lesson ended, she was squirming in discomfort. We filed out into the hall and she immediately slung her arm across my shoulder. I looked at her questioning and she grimaced, and said, “I can’t stand them all looking at you. It makes me feel homicidal.” Her eyes dart around the halls, “I want to rip all their heads off, just for daring to turn them and watch as you go past.” My protest that Georgia was the source of fascination fell on deaf ears.

We lasted right up until the last hour of school before the inevitable happened. Both of us were seated at our table, hands tightly held in mutual comfort. Matthew approached us and I held back a groan. His confident saunter comes to a holt at our desk, and his eyes stare confidently at hers.

“Hey new girl. You look like you could use a tour of the school. What do you say we ditch English and go check out the bleachers?” His friends, who had congregated at his side in record time, sniggered stupidly and pat him on the shoulder.

I can saw the tips of her canines sharpen “That’s alright,” she said coldly, “I’m a lot more satisfied here than I would be there. Stop pretending to a man, when the best fuck you have on your CV is a slutty freshman who’s probably spread a lot more than just her legs, if you get my drift.”

His eyes flickered over to me, and he snorted, “You’d rather hold hands with this seacunt than come have a good time? She must be an incredible lay. You know what they say about good girls.”

Georgia’s patience snapped so aggressively I could almost hear it. I directed a  pacifying hand at her arm, only to find her already in motion. She moved at such a pace that her punch goes unseen by most. Matthew collapsed to his knees, wheezing.

“What did you do?” I ask, aghast.

Just reminded him that with great self-proclaimed power comes great externally provided consequences.” She must have seen some thing in my expression because she hastily clarified, “I kneed him in the balls.” The teacher chose that moment to enter. Matthew muttered a few squeaky threats, before waddling over to his desk. The rest of the lesson passed without trouble, much to my relief.

When the final bell rang we basically ran out of the building, holding hands. We came straight to the beach. Two hours later, and we are still here.

“Hey,” Georgia interrupts my thoughts, “I’ve been thinking and… I want to swim. With you.” She blushes slightly, “If that’s okay?”

I grin, pushing aside my physics homework. “More than okay,” I assure her. We stand in unison, and I watch her from the corner of my eye. Her transformation seems to have finally settled, now that she looks like a goddess, and is about a head taller than before. I pull off my clothing, turning my back automatically to give her some privacy. I walk slowly towards the water, Georgia following a step behind.

“It’ll be easier if you dive,” I tell her. Inhaling deeply, I bend my legs, then release them like springs, arching gracefully into the waves.

Georgia follows almost immediately. The water is clear, and beams of sunlight penetrate the lazy blue waves. I watch from underwater as Georgia hurtle into the water, a thousand bubbles bouncing off her flawless, golden skin.
I watch as her legs turn to a tale, and struggle to resist the urge to touch it. Even Georgia has been around long enough to know what a sensitive area it is.

For a second she panics as she realizes air is no longer entering her nose. Her hand fly to her neck, where her finger graze her gills and she shudders.

“This is so weird,” she confines in me, which I can hear perfectly.  Pod bonds are needed for more than just companionship. They allow communication, even when no words leave our mouths.

“Yeah,” I agree, “Now follow me and try keep up. I’m going to show you why all humans are dumbasess for thinking the surface is prettier than the ocean