Chapter 10

Wet lips.

Panting chests.

Sweaty hands.

I bear down on her, trapping her with all the reverent adoration a little girl would have for a fairy.

Our legs tangle together, twisting at impossible angles in our attempt at getting even closer.

I feel so good it hurts. My stomach twists and my throat contracts. I want to touch her and kiss her,  prove to her that I am worthy.

My teeth nibble on the trembling arch of her neck. I want to claim her. I want to bond with her. I want to press my teeth into her throat, and coax a heady moan out of her panting chest, before she raises her teeth to me and claims me as well.

I freeze as soon as I feel my teeth lengthen in optimistic anticipation of my desires. It takes her a while to realize I’ve stopped. I take the moment to observe the woman I love.

Her hair arcs around her face like a heavenly glow. Logically I know she isn’t perfect, no one is. But when I lie over her body like this, and look down at her flushed face and wide blown pupils, it’s hard to imagine her as anything short of an angel.

“What’s wrong,” she asks, after regaining enough of her cohesiveness.
I bite my lip, hesitant to tell her. My canines catch on my bottom lip, and I growl reflexively at the taste of blood.

Even through I’ve gotten my body more or less under control, I find it has become increasingly difficult to keep my canines short, and my eyes human. Unintentional noises are even worse, and I keep making them at the most inopportune moments.  It probably has something to do with being part panther, but I’m not sure.

“Nothings wrong,” I tell her, “I just don’t want to get caught up in the moment and do something stupid.”
I think of the mer bond I forced Cora into, and cringe. I still feel deeply guilty about that sometimes. Which is part of the reason why I’m always so careful not to get caught up in the moment. I refuse to do push her into something again.

I’m not brave enough to tell her what I really want. I know she has strong feeling for me, but that kind of commitment literally outlasts death. I am terrified of the thought of becoming her biggest regret.

She frowns, and I ache at the thought of upsetting her.

Coras POV
I thought we had a moment, last night in the garden. I thought we understood each other, that we both realized we are in love.

Yet for some reason, Georgia thinks forming a bond would equate to doing something stupid. I know she still struggles with guilt from our impromptu mer bonding, but seriously. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, I want to bond with her in every way, and all she can think about is stopping things before they go too far.

Just once I want her to be the one who spirals out of control, who looses their grip of reality because she feels so good, she can’t even think.

I don’t know why I don’t just talk to her about this. She is usually the one who starts thinks, it’s just driving me insane that she’s unwilling to really finish it.

I know she’s worth the wait. But what if we just keep misunderstanding each other forever?

End of part one

Hey ppl, so that's the end of the first part of this book. All that means is that the next chapter will only be published in a few weeks, and may have a month long time jump.

Thanks to everyone who has read this far in my book. If you have suggestions for me I would be happy to tell u the rest of my plot, and we can mull it over together💙💙💙