5. 22

Monday September 9th

Monday.

What a horrid word. What a horrid feeling it brings. After this weekend I wanted nothing more than school. Colin annoyed me enough to last a lifetime and once I got home Shan bugged me constantly. She finally stopped trying to get me to talk after 48 hours of silence and her parents telling her to go to her room.

Than once I got to school I thought things would go good. That's when I realized it's spirit week, meaning fake school spirit, constant talk about football, and endless pictures of homecoming dresses.

And trust me, I couldn't care less what Caitlyn from third hour is wearing to a overhyped, overcrowded dance.

Also not to mention the football game is rescheduled for tonight, two games in one week. And the fact that it's spirit week made the two games a way bigger deal than it is.

One side of the spectrum says that the team will be off their game from tonight and we'll surely lose homecoming. While the other side of the spectrum is even more pumped up for the week.

This school is a madhouse filled with clowns wearing ugly sweaters.

Literally.

After freshman year I mostly gave up on spirit week, so me forgetting today's theme is ugly sweaters was no surprise to anyone.

But you get the point, I'm not a fan of spirit week.

"Hey!" I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Brax joins my side and casually throws this arm over my shoulders. All while smiling and nodding at people.

Brax was an interesting kind. He was known and loved by everyone. He's friends with everyone... including Cade's group.

But that was mostly because Brax was easily one of the best basketball players in the school and made varsity freshman year, therefore being friends with all grades. Brax was one of the most known kids in our school while simultaneously not being popular. Actually he is popular in the sense of the definition, but he has always been very humble and didn't act any different.

"Nice sweater." He looked down at the neon green quarter sleeve sweater that had pink zig-zag patterns and white shoulders that hugged his torso. His reply was a cheeky smile.

"As usual, your spirit has been left in a locked trunk six feet under." He offers a smile while rolling his eyes. "So what's going on with your classes?" He prompts once the spirit talk is done.

"Oh, I got my Forensic Science changed to Practical Law." I took Forensic Science last year, therefore I couldn't take it again. I look up at him after no reply. "What?" He has this smug look on his lips like he knows something I don't.

He shakes his head and I drop it. He could have farted for all I know. "Well good luck!" He offers another smug smile and parts ways.

Screw you Brax and your weird smiles.

I continue to my new first hour, the teacher knows me well considering I've had him every year so far. Plus I was the only person that ended the semester with an A in his class freshman year, and I've helped around the classroom.

As soon as I walk in Mr. Dixon gives a warm smile. "Ms. Sanderson, you can take a seat anywhere, we're not getting them assigned until the end of the week."