9. chic's diner

Sunday September 15th

"Ew! Please just shut up!" Colin glared at his brother across the island.

Kayden, Colin's brother, was back from college for the weekend and the three of us decided to hang out since I hadn't seen him forever. Before Colin and I could drive, Kayden was our personal chauffeur which caused him to have to get used to seeing me. After awhile he treated me like his own little sister. It was nice knowing that someone who isn't your parents care for you.

Kayden smirked while stuffing more of the sandwich in his mouth. "You're just mad that you don't have a girlfriend."

Colin had started bickering with the older boy, which ultimately resulted in Kayden talking about his girlfriend and all of the stuff they did. 

I couldn't contain the laugh. "Colin! With a girlfriend! Good joke." I nudged Colin after seeing his frown. But the fact of the matter was Colin hasn't dated since Freshman year, and hasn't even been close to dating since then.

"Says the girl who dated him and hasn't had any action since." Kayden stood up for his brother. Since when did this happen, we always teamed up on Colin.

I sat down in the bar stool with a huff. "One, we dated for like a week. And two, how would you know anything about my love life."

Yes, I hadn't dated since then. But it wasn't like I had a boring life.

"A shot in the dark." Kayden smiled.

Colin rummaged through the cupboards after seeing nothing of interest in the fridge. "Who knows anything about little miss Jesse anymore. She has both Matt and Cade in her life." The look that I gave him prompted him to continue. "There's no way she hasn't done something with one of them."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Colin stopped to look at me. "Let's see. You now see Matt at least once a week. And Cade, are not going to mention all the things that have involved both of you. He literally took you to the nurses office and was fighting the secretary who asked him to leave. Not to mention the oh so obvious tension between you two."

"You and Cade huh?" Kayden turned to me.

Screw you Colin. "I'd rather rip my own hair out piece by piece and choke myself to death with it." The look I receive from Kayden can only be described as dirty, who even knows what's going on in that head of his.

"Whatever you say." Colin gave me a sickeningly sweet smile. Since when is it team up on Jesse day? "We'll see if he says the same." Once I came over her this morning I was made well aware that Cade would be stopping by. It's just the weekend of being at the same house.

Kayden broke the silence around us. "So what about this Matt kid?"

"A. K. A. The kid that even Jesse admits is hot." Colin gave his brother a look, knowing that this would start even more.

As if on cue, Kaydens eyes bulged out of his head. "Jesse said someone was hot!" The 6 foot 5 boy jumped out of the bar stool and raced over to me, placing his hand on my forehead. "Are you play, are you sick?"

Can someone take me out of my misery already.

"Yeah. And apparently she also thinks that Ben Fletcher is too." Really Brax, you just have to go around sharing my secrets. "She really has a thing for senior football players. I think it's a kink." Colin finally decided on goldfish as he stood across from me while giving me a pointed look.