24. what's your number

Thursday October 30th

"You didn't have to pay for me you know." I tell Cade as we take off our shoes and throw them into the cubby he had rented. We were back at the trampoline park since we thought we could have a lot more fun without a bunch of little kids trying to terrorize us.

"I felt like being nice."

I wanted to tell him that he's always nice but decide against it and just smile while rolling my eyes.

We don't even have to speak before we're practically running to me of the trampolines like we're in 2nd grade.

I manage to get in front of Cade, I'm sure he's purposely being slow, but just before I can reach the trampoline I'm being lifted off the ground.

Cade has wrapped his arms around my waist and twists around so that I'm facing back towards I came from, in shock I let out a squeal. He sets my down before jumping onto the trampoline and acting innocent. "That is not fair."

"What do you mean?" Cade says like he didn't just throw me out of his way.

"I can't pick you up! Picking up someone who ways more than you and is nine inches taller than you while running is impossible."

"Maybe if you tried harder..."

I jump on next to him and pretend like I'm going to beat him up just to get a reaction. I get what I wanted when he tries to cover his face while screaming for me to take it easy.

I stop and continue jumping without threatening to punch him in the nose which calms him down. Cade and I come from work which meant that we didn't have the most appropriate clothing for the situation. We both wore our Chic shirts and luckily I had a pair of leggings in my trunk to change into. But Cade was stuck in his khakis since he had taken his football bag out of his Jeep once the season was over.

"So when does basketball start?"

"Two weeks? Yeah that sounds right. Why you gonna come to all the games?"

"I don't know about all but I'll try to come to some." He looks disappointed in my answers. "Maybe I'll try to come to most." He nods his head in approval before we go silent.

We spend the next couple of minutes just laughing at each other until he asks, "do you know how to do a flip on these?"

"I'm the most inflexible person, of course not."

A sinister smile spreads across his face, one that only means trouble. "Wanna learn?"

The thought absolutely freaks me out, but it sounds fun. "How?"

"I'll help you," my face must looks as conflicted as I feel because he stops jumping, "have a little faith in me. You're not going to break your neck."

Yea right.

"Okay?" I stop jumping as well and move towards him as he reaches his hands out towards me. "Well of you were doing it on your own you would have to jump until your high enough, and then you lean forward and jump."

I blink a couple times until he shakes his head. "Come here." I do as he says and step until I'm right in front of him. "Ok so then," he places his arm across my stomach and the other close to the back of my knees. "You just jump and I'll guide."