23. friends

Sunday October 26th

My shift didn't start until 2pm, but I had come in at noon. Chic had asked if I could come in because it had been surprisingly busy and I had nothing else to do.

Which meant right now was the first time I had sat down to relax all day. It was one thirty, and not only did Liv sit across from me in one of the booths in the back (there were no customers) but Chic too. It was strange to see Chic sitting down and eating with us, but apparently it wasn't all that weird because Liv didn't even blink an eye.

"Did you girls have fun yesterday?" Chic laughs at her own question, clearly already knowing the answer.

Liv and I share a look before scrunching our faces in disgust.

"I can't stand kids. They could have killed me!" I was mostly referring to them jumping on me in the foam pit, but the whole day was an example as well.

"I was fine." Liv raises her hands in innocence, she had never step a foot on any trampoline or foam pit, so she was completely fine physically

"Cade wasn't. Did you see all the bandaids he had!" Chic shakes her head.

Liv takes this as an opportunity and a smirk slides on to her face. "Speaking of Mr. Butler, what's going on with you two?"

Seriously. "Nothing. And I thought I told you to stop."

"You didn't tell me to stop." Chic says before continuing. "You've had conversations about this before?"

"Yeah. Apparently their whole school wants them together. But maybe it mores than just their school because can we please discuss the bowling alley, or yesterday?"

Liv's rant gets the attention of Chic. "You definitely have chemistry, I would have thought that you guys liked each other... well except for when you first started. You seemed really annoyed with him."

"Yeah well he was dating my ex-best friend and his friends were getting to his head."

Chic was starting to question but Liv cut in, "they broke up!"

I give her a bored look and her slowly drops her smile.

"What happened at the bowling alley, and yesterday? There were kids around!" Chic seems disgusted.

I sigh. "We went to the bowling alley and saw people we knew so we hid."

"In a storage closet." Liv cuts in.

Chic looks at Liv but chooses to ignore her. "Why were you hiding?"

"It's a long story. But no one knows that he works here. And he's one of the most popular people at school, and he doesn't want people he knows to come and bug him. And there's this whole thing with all of our friends, and how they ship-"

"Ship?"

"Want them to date." Liv clarifies.

"Yea. And all our friends want us to get together. And it's super annoying. And if they found out we were friends than they would question when he started talking and it would make all the teasing worse."