15. leah

Monday October 6th

"Can you please explain to me how you got a cold at a restaurant?"

I guess lunch had become my personal interrogation every single day. I have my friends to thank for that.

After I arrived home at 11:30pm on Saturday night and stepped into the house, Shan was sitting there on the couch waiting for me. She even had water in a wine glass and was sipping it ever so slowly. I wasn't aware that I was walking into the Real Housewives of New York.

I ignored the question that Colin asked and stuffed some goldfish into my mouth.

"Huh?" Shan apparently joined in on the interrogation, not only was she a housewife, she was also now a detective.

"I already told both of you. Matt has a cold and I caught it."

"You know who else has a cold?" Colin practically hummed.

"I bet you're going to tell me." All I asked for was some time to eat my unbalanced and not at all nutritious meal.

Shan leaned onto her arm with a cheeky smile on her face. "Could it be Cade Butler?"

"Bingo!"

This caused my eyes to roll and an involuntary yawn. "You do realize that it rained all Saturday night and Sunday? You do realize that a third of the school population has a cold?"

The people I dare call my best friends wave my words off this their hands and ignore my statements.

They're so obsessed with idea of Cade and I being together that they were just being stupid.

"I told you." Shan wagged her finger at Colin. "She knows she's a good liar, and she's gonna keep doing it."

I turned toward her. "I'm not lying!"

The look I received back was one of denial. Of course.

"Did you guys hear about that storm that's coming in?" Leave it to Brax to use weather as a conversation starter. But as much as Harper groaned, Shan rolled her eyes, and Colin pinched the bridge of his nose to try and keep himself sane, I was happy that Brax decided that I shouldn't have to deal with Cesse talk anymore.

We all looked between each other, mentally arguing on who would be the one to talk to Brax.

In the end it wasn't a surprise, Colin was the least stubborn out of the four of us and he was squirming under our glares.

Brax's eyebrows raised, waiting for the conversation to take off.

"Uhh, yeah. Coach thinks that the game will be canceled... luckily for Jesse."

My hands shot up in innocence. "I wouldn't be there anyway. Carly is taking Fridays pictures so I take some time to work on my Bastion presentation." Luckily Ms. Adams has given me a break from sitting in the rickety bleachers this Friday. She wasn't going to let me, but as soon as I told her about my potential full ride to Bastion college she gave in. Apparently she had a soft spot for the college since herself, her husband, and her two sons had attended the school.

But I had lied to her, because I wasn't going to spend Friday night working on my grade A presentation. I was using it to work at Chics. Apparently the women that usually works of Friday's was going on vacation, and Liv couldn't man the diner on her own.

I didn't see a flaw in the plan. I would get to talk to Liv more, make more money, as well as save myself from getting another cold.

"Let's hope not. I really don't wan-"