10. luck

Monday September 16th

After that encounter I was mortified. It took me a whole twenty-four hours to even comprehend what would be happening with my life now.

At least three times a week I would have to spend four hours with that boy. Twelves hours, plus the time at school, would be filled with torture.

And by the way he looked at me after the 'introductions' happened, it was clear that no one was supposed to know about his job. Especially not me. And after those so called introductions, Chic put together that we already were acquainted and started asking questions if we were friends and such.

Luckily for him, I was feeling decently in a good mood, and I won't spill his secret. Or at least not just yet. It would be good blackmail for the future.

And even luckier for him, the only people who know of my job at the diner are Aisha and Jim. Because if all my friends knew there is no way that they wouldn't stop by and make my days horrible.

The luck apparently had all been given to him though. I was woken from my sleep at two in the morning from a frantic call. The lady I used to dog sit for had moved to a new neighborhood and called me asking if I could watch them. According to her it was an emergency, but I have a feeling that it was a last minute day vacation her and her rich friends decided to take.

The girl was in her early twenties and lived in a mansion. She should be grateful for her family's money.

But it resulted in me thinking about it for a solid two seconds. And once I realized that I could use some money, plus I get a huge house to myself, I agreed. And tonight I was going to hang out with Matt and his family, so I really shouldn't be complaining.

Sadie was adorable. She is one of the dogs I was watching. She's a Great Pyrenees, translation: one huge giant cuddle buddy. The amount of times I had fallen asleep while laying on her was uncountable.

Sadie would have been more adorable though if she wasn't ringing the bell on the back door. I was really getting into this episode.

She had been trained to nudge the bell on the handle of the back door when she needed to go outside. And considering I didn't want to clean up pee or horse sized shit, I got up and opened the door.

I watched as she spun in a circle and did her business.

"Sadie, come on girl!" I patted my leg to get her to come back inside.

She had different ideas though, and decided she would like to take a gingerly sprint towards the next door neighbors yard.

Without thinking I ran after her. "Sadie!" I used the sternest voice I could, which was more of a mangled scream with my uneven breathing.

Since when has running become a daily thing?

I caught a glimpse of a few people on the yard she was heading for. And I didn't fail to miss her tackle the poor kid. He was unexpecting of the attack from behind. And now he lay on the ground, face in the dirt.

"God Sadie! This isn't football!"

As I neared I saw the pink disk in her mouth, who would have thought she would have been so happy about a frisbee. Especially since Sadie is kinda lazy.