5. Why can't I just stay angry with you?

"I will go and find Manik. You guys go ahead." Nandini said to Mukti and Navya while stepping out from the class and that was when out of the blue someone hugged her.

"Dhruv-" Nandini gasped as she was suddenly pulled into a bear hug by Dhruv. As this happened the corridor filled with hushed whispers.
"Are they couples?" The fresher's around asked to each other.

"If Manik sees this Dhruv is surely in trouble."

Mukti glared at them and they pretended as if they saw nothing.
"Hey buddy what happened?" Nandini said calmly, rubbing his back. Dhruv broke the hug and looked at her from top to bottom. "Nandini you OK right?"

"What would happen to me?" Nandini asked, totally confused.

"Geez that Mohit." Dhruv sighed in anger. "He came running to me and told me that you fell off the stairs and got seriously injured."

"And you believed his words." Nandini let out a slow breath. "Why can't that jer-" Nandini was shushed by Mukti who covered her mouth with her hand. "Nandini language."

At times Mukti surely acted like a sister to her. "But you guys use those language then why can't I?"

"No you can't." Dhruv and Mukti coed together, all ready to leap on her if she insisted more on it while Navya chuckled.

"OK OK I won't."

Meanwhile Mohit was busy filming all this. He cut the video and only sent the hug portion to Manik through an unknown number.

Manik's phone buzzed with a message and
once he checked the message he was fuming in anger. "Cabir I will join you in a while." Manik said before turning around to leave.

"Don't tell me I have to eat alone."

"Why don't you eat with Navya?" Manik suggested.

"That's sounds like a great idea." Cabir said with apparent excitement. It didn't take him even few seconds to message Navya.

Cabir and Navya, the two poles apart. Cabir loved rock music while Navya loved soft romantic music. He loved eating while she was always very conscious about her diet. He lit cigarettes while she hated it. He, the 100th rank while she, the 1st rank. But as said unlike poles always attract.

***

"Why can't she just stay away from Dhruv? And that Dhruv he always has to stick to her like a magnet. How can he hug her so tightly what if something would have happened to Nandini due to suffocation." Manik mumbled to himself as he walked aimlessly in the corridor. "Nandini has to make a choice either it's me or him."

"Manik." A warm hand pressed to his left upper arm and he turned around to see her. "You didn't eat your meal right. Let's go eat together." Nandini added with a smile.

"I don't have to eat." Manik replied coldly."Let's go somewhere else." He held her hand and almost dragged her to a vacant classroom, not even giving her a chance to speak.

Nandini by now knew that he was angry. She didn't know the reason behind it but she very well knew how his anger could be calmed down.

"I just want to tell you-"

"Mani." Nandini interrupted in between and Manik just looked at her.

"Can I call you like that when we are by ourselves?" Nandini stated with a warm smile, flickering her doe shaped eyes and that very moment Manik went all 'aw' on her.

"Manik concentrate. Don't fall for her." He tried regaining his cold attitude back. "I don't care whatever you call me but I just want to tell you-" Manik's word were left incomplete when he felt a peck on his cheek and this was all needed for the monster Manik Malhotra to let his defense. "I love you Mani."

His eyes sparkled as he heard those words. He leaned on the wall and crumpled to the floor complaining like a child. "Why can't I just stay angry with you?"

Nandini smiled and ruffled his hair. "Because my Mani loves me a lot." He could feel his heart jumping in happiness.

"Mani let's go and eat. I am hungry." Nandini extended her hand for him to get up and he took her hand happily. Manik ruffled her hair lightly to which she pouted, irritatedly.

"And what were you about to tell me?" Nandini asked as they made their way to the cafeteria.

"Umm nothing important." Manik smiled sheepishly. "Even I hug my friends it's not a great deal."

"What?"

"Nothing." Manik smiled sheepishly but the very next moment it was replaced by a smirk. "But next time I won't let anyone even touch her."

"Navya and Cabir are going on a trial date tonight so it's your responsibility to make her ready." Manik informed, as he held her hand while she yanked her hand free. "Manik not in college." Nandini paused. "Trial date. Do you think it will work?" Nandini asked, tilting her head sideways to look at him.

"Obviously it will. Didn't our relationship also start with that?" Manik again held her hand. She tried freeing her hand but his grip was very tight.

"You were so dominating then and still you are."

"Was it a complain or a compliment? Anyway I take it as a compliment."

"Manik Malhotra leave my hand." Nandini said rather ordered. Manik left her hand but the very next moment he side hugged her.

"Manikkkk." Nandini stomped her foot and slapped his hand away while he smiled sheepishly.

"Guys get yourself a room." They heard a very familiar voice. Nandini turned around with a smile, only to witness her half brother Abhimanyu.

"You stupid dumbo, where were you yesterday?" Nandini asked.

"I had some business-"

"What's her name or did you even ask her name?" Manik interrupted in between.

Abhi laughed."You know me so well bro. Her name Inaya."

"How many girlfriends are you going to change?" Nandini sighed in disbelief.

"You know I hate commitments."

"Not after you fall in love." Manik smiled, looking at Nandini.

"Love and me don't go along well." Abhi chuckled though with pain in his voice.

Meet Abhimanyu previously Thakkar now Murthy. His mother divorced his father and married Raj Murthy. His true love Soha had cheated on him and since then he had started blind dating random girls. This really didn't matter to him that's what he showed but inside he was broken.

"YOU JERK!!" Someone yelled, grabbing the attention of people around.

****
Precap: Pasts, Broken hearts and Blooming love.

Who is it? Any guesses.

How did you like the MaNan moment?

The response is decreasing and this breaks my heart. Please vote and comment. A humble request to you all.

Love ❤😘
Aaku