7. Jealousy and insecurities

This update is especially dedicated to saeeda461 Happy belated birthday my prabachan queen.

Thank you for being so patient.

***
Nandini walked faster through the corridor, her eyes searching for Navya but there was no sign of her. She took out her phone to call her, the moment she looked at the screen without stopping her steps. She bumped into someone, making her phone drop and she was pushed aback by a few steps. In the due process, she felt two strong hands stabilize her.

"Careful and what's the hurry?" A very familiar voice hit her ears and she looked up in a jiffy only to see Aryaman, looking at her intently with a smile playing on his lips. It would sound cliche but for some reason he felt a different connection with her when he touched her.

Harshad who had been seeing this pushed Nandini while passing through them and she ended up banging on his chest. Nandini shut her eyes tight and unknowingly gripped the sleeves of his jacket when she was pushed. Aryaman was busy looking at her face that he didn't even realise when Nandini got out of his grip. And he himself didn't know why all of a sudden he felt cold and he missed her in his arms.

"Oh shit!" Nandini stomped her foot and made an angry face on seeing her phone broken. Aryaman found her annoyed expression rather adorable and he couldn't help but stare at her. Aryaman bent down helped Nandini to pick up the pieces of her phone.

"Umm Nandini could you give me your notes?" Aryaman asked, trying to carry out conversation with her. "Due to the project meeting I missed the classes."

"Okay." Nandini agreed, not wanting to end up in an argument with him. She searched her bag and took out few of her notes.

"I thought you would deny. Does this mean we are friends?"

"If you don't want the notes, it's okay." Nandini smiled in a mocking way but Aryaman immediately took the notes from her hand and said,"No thanks I don't want to fail in the second semester."

"Don't forget to give me the notes back." Nandini said as she left.

"Okay." Aryaman said fidgeting with her copy. "At least I got a reason to see her again."

Nandini was just done setting her phone when she was pulled into an empty room by Manik. Her phone fell down and she sighed in frustration.

"Can't you just meet me in a normal way?" Nandini snapped as she opened the door to pick up her phone which was outside the room but Manik blocked her way and closed the door.

"You are not going anywhere." Manik in a swift moment grabbed both her hands and pinned her to the wall. She gasped with the sudden push. "But my-"

"How many times have I told you to stay away from that Aryaman?"

"We are in the same college and it's not possible to not see him." Nandini reasoned. "And even I don't have any interest in meeting him." Nandini said with frowns.

"You are too precious for me and I fear that someone else might take you away from me." He was afraid to lose her after all she was no more less than his life.

"That's never gonna happen."

"That's my biggest fear." Manik left her hands and put his hands on either side of her shoulder, looking at her intently. "Never mind. Tell me what was that Aryaman doing there?" Manik asked. The Green eyes monster can never change. He was again back to the same topic.