10. Loving can hurt sometimes

I am really disappointed with the decreasing response and I humbly like to request all the readers to at least drop a review on the chapter.
••••

The next day

Nandini was busy going through the pages of the book in the library when she felt someone sit beside her. She turned her head only to see Aryaman, sitting beside her. She sighed and got back to her book.

"Hi." Aryaman greeted but she didn't respond. "Hi.. Hey.. Hello. Is it so hard to greet back?"

"Hi Aryaman. Now will you stop buzzing me?"

"Nope. Never." Aryaman smiled looking at her.

"Ok let's get it straight. Manik doesn't like seeing you around me and I don't want to hurt him in any manner." Nandini whisper yelled.

"What's the use of staying with a guy who doesn't trust you?" Aryaman looked at her and Nandini smiled, the smile which he could drool over.

"It's not that he doesn't trust me but it's you who he doesn't trust." Nandini smiled, remembering the jealous Manik. She got up to leave but Aryaman pulled her down and for an instant their eyes locked.

Although he seemed happy and cheerful but Nandini could see the loneliness in his eyes. May be our eyes do speak a lot more than we know.

Nandini looked away and Aryaman just smiled or at least pretended to smile. "Thanks for your notes." Aryaman handed the notes to Nandini.

Nandini got up to leave but Aryaman's word froze her steps. "I am surprised to see the bond that exist between you and Manik but I won't give up on you, not so easily. I just want you to know I like you." The determination in his voice could be easily heard. Aryaman walked passed Nandini and she couldn't what she just heard.

"Why me? And how?" Nandini stomped her foot and frowned before leaving the library.

"What's so special in me, that the bad boy's get attracted towards me. Two years back the bad boy Manik Malhotra got attracted then after too many more came and now Aryaman." Nandini was so busy contemplating things that she didn't even see a big wall in front of her. She was just about to bang on the wall when someone pulled her.

"Careful." Aryaman said, stabilizing her and she just shook her, gaining her senses. (Anyone thought it would be Manik. I did for a second 😉😂😅)

But right then someone else pulled Nandini by her hand. It was Manik. "I told you to stay away from her." Manik growled as he came in front of Nandini. He pushed Aryaman.

This time Aryaman too wasn't in any mood to hold back his anger. "You are not the only one who has anger issues." He lunged, pouncing a punch on Manik's face.

"If this is what you want." Manik too punched him and slammed him into the wall. Then he was burying punches, over and over again. While Nandini tried stopping him she herself was jerked away.

Aryaman wasn't weak too. He soon succeeded in blocking the punches and the next moment he was taking the lead.

A crowd had gathered by and few of the boys from the crowd tried stopping them but they were unstoppable. Cabir and Dhruv who had been passing by stopped seeing the crowd. Pushing through the crowd, they saw the two of them fighting and swearing at one another while Nandini had been leaning on the wall, as tears rolled down her eyes.

"Manik leave him." Cabir came in between Manik and Aryaman but they were unstoppable. After a lot more struggle Cabir and Dhruv finally succeeded in taking them away from one another.

"You shouldn't have come in the middle Cabir." Manik banged his already wounded fist on the wall.

"Manik come to your senses. Have you ever thought the effect of all these on Nandini?" Cabir said and that was when realization hit him hard. Nandini hated violence and whenever she would see violence her bitter past with her mother would play in front of her eyes like an episode.

"Nandini? Where's she?" Manik looked around and she was nowhere. Manik immediately ran through the corridor, his eyes searching for her. After minutes of running, his eyes finally landed on a small figure behind the music wings.

"Nandini." He went closer to her and with every step towards her he could hear her hiccupping and it pierced his heart into pieces. He slowly kneeled down in front of her and ruffled her hair gently, mumbling sorry after sorry.

Nandini who had been burying her head in between her knees, gently raised her head and looked at him with those innocent teary eyes.

She seemed strong but she was frail from inside. She seemed mature but she was a child from her heart. Manik knew this very well but unknowingly he often ended up hurting her.

He gently lifted her face, cupping it gently, he wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. Hugging her gently, he rubbed her back, while she hiccupped. She didn't respond to the hug but neither did she push him.

"Are you angry on me?" He asked, gently breaking the hug but he didn't fully let her go.

"I am not angry." Her voice hoarse with all the crying.

"Stay angry on me but please don't cry." Manik gently spoke, looking down at her but she just looked down on the ground, still hiccupping.

"I know I am the worst. I get mad over things that I shouldn't. I am way too possessive but I can't help it. I love you and I don't like when others look at you the way I do, I don't like it when others touch you the way I do. I am sorry but I love you." Manik confessed rubbing her shoulders a bit.

"I love you too Manik." Nandini had still been hiccupping as she looked at him. "And I don't want you to feel sorry but I can't see you getting hurt. I can't stand it when you fight." Nandini encircled her arms around his neck and engulfed him in a hug.

Love isn't always a bed of roses after all. Loving can hurt sometimes. You might end up in a huge argument or you might end up hurting the other but nevertheless just try understanding each other.

****
Swish!

The satisfying sound of the perfect three shot hit Abhi's ear and he grinned, wiping his sweat beads. "And I won." Abhi yelled, waving his hands in the air and doing his victory dance.

Mukti rolled her eyes at him and said, "I just let you win."

"Just admit that you lost." Abhi said and smacked her head. And that was it the very next moment Mukti pounced on Abhi and they were struggling on the floor.

"You jerk how dare you hit me." Mukti pulled his hair while Abhi tried pushing her away. Their fighting came to a halt when they heard someone fake coughing.

"I guess I came in the wrong timing." A very familiar voice hit their ears and Mukti frowned.

****
Who might he/she be?

Finally how was the chapter?

I would really like to read all your precious reviews. It really motivates me to give early updates. Please vote and comment ❤

Love ❤
Aaku