13. Just a mistake

A/N: Happy Diwali guys. May this Diwali bring a lot of happiness.

I am really thankful to you all for supporting and loving Bad Boy's Girl./
****
"Manik what are you doing?" Nandini tried getting Manik off her but he was busy nuzzling into her neck while she was busy decorating the cupcake with chocolate toppings.

"Manik." Nandini wriggled a bit, trying to push him away but he held her firmly.

"Manik it's so hard to work like this." Nandini said, wriggling a bit but he didn't even buzz.

"Pass me the plate." She said.

He made a bad face to it and passed her what she wanted. Then he snaked his arms around her waist and nuzzling into her neck. Right then they heard a voice.
"Oops sorry I didn't see anything." Navya said as she covered her eyes.

"You shouldn't too." Manik said, tightening his hold on Nandini to which Nandini glared at him.

"Manik leave me otherwise-" Nandini whispered yelled, wriggling in his hold. Manik shook his head in no. "Manik please." Nandini requested and making a bad face he let her go.

"Are you guys done?" Navya said uncovering her eyes.

"Romancing in kitchen not a bad idea." Navya giggled and Manik just gave his carefree smile while Nandini bit her lips in embarrassment.

"I am going. See you tomorrow Nandini." Manik said and went towards the door but something clicked his mind.

"Nandini in this pace-" Navya couldn't even complete as Manik came in between and stood in front of Nandini. He pecked her lips lightly, making her eyes go all wide.

"Love you." He said and left a blushing Nandini behind.

"Oh my god what's with Manik? You have a way too romantic boyfriend." Navya said. "Oh wait what's this?" Navya pointed towards the neck area.

"Is it a love bite?" Navya smiled. "I didn't know your relationship has progressed so much. In this pace I will soon be maasi."

"What? Navya it's nothing like that." Nandini contradicted, blushing profusely.

The next day

"Aryaman do you wanna get killed." Nandini said as she walked out of the library while Aryaman followed her.

"It would be a pleasure to get killed from your hand." He said as he fastened his steps to reach her. He walked beside her and smiled. "Can't we be at least friends?"

"No not a chance." Nandini looked at him and fake smiled.

"But why not?" Aryaman made a sad face and Nandini chuckled seeing him.

"Don't make such a face. It really doesn't suit you." Nandini said and giggled. "By the way you got suspended then how come you are here? You will land up in trouble if someone sees you."

"Are you worried that I will land up in trouble?" Aryaman asked with a pinch of hope in his voice.

"Okay I take back my words."

"Why do you always have to be rude to me?" Aryaman said and sighed.

"This is called my sweetness. If I had been rude you wouldn't be walking beside me right now." Nandini said, opening the door of the basketball court. No matter how much she denied but unknowingly she really had developed a soft corner for Aryaman.

But Nandini froze outside the door when she heard Mukti and Abhi.
"Why did you-" Nandini unconsciously placed her fingers on his lips. "Ssshhh."

He looked at her intently and smiled. She withdrew her hand not even realizing what her mere touch had done to him.

"Mukti I am really sorry." Abhi held her wrist to stop her.

"Yesterday what happened was just a mistake." Abhi came in front of her and held her by her shoulder. Looking into her eyes, he said,"Look I didn't mean to-" He couldn't speak further. He shifted his gaze."mean to kiss you. It just happened in the heat of moment."

With each word he spoke her heart ached. It would be a lie if she said she didn't love it when his lips met hers. It would be a lie if she said she didn't love it when he held her possessively. It would be an absolute lie if she said she only wants to be his best friend.

"Abhi I just need sometime alone." Mukti said, heaving a slow breath.

"But-"

"I am not angry with you. I just need some time to set my mind on the right place." Mukti said as she walked away. Abhi held her hand, trying to stop her. "Abhi please-"

Abhi left her and let her go. Abhi walked out of the court from the other door, frustratedly. Whatever he didn't wasn't justifiable. She had been dancing closely with a boy and he, who had been dancing with Inaya, couldn't just bear the sight. He simply went pulled her, held her possessively and kissed her. Was he jealous? Yes he was. He just has been denying it.

"Mukti." Nandini stopped Mukti who had just come out of the court.

"Nandini just for a while leave me alone." Mukti said and Nandini simply hugged her. Aryaman who had been watching all this left giving them some space.

"Mukti I will never judge you. You know that right. Just let it all out." Nandini said and that was it Mukti hugged her and cried. Nandini patted her back and let her cry, hearing her out.

"He thinks it was a mistake. It hurts to know that." Mukti said while hiccupping. After almost ten minutes of letting it all out. Mukti felt a bit better.

"It feels a bit better now."

Aryaman who had been sitting on the bench few metres away from them came beside Nandini. "I know I shouldn't be interrupting and whatever I heard I shouldn't have heard it."

"But I want to help you now. It will help you too and me too. Mukti let's date."

****
Once again Happy Diwali guys.
What do you think is there in store in the next chapter?

Nandinixxmanik yaad hae na path of love ki update.. Chalo aab dedo 😘😉

Keep thinking. Keep on showering more and more love.

Love ❤
Aaku