Chapter 8: Moonlight, king of the north

The cold breeze flew across the Northern landscape with snow covering every tree, plant and anything else that was on the ground, 2 people carried the dead girl past various thick forests until they reached a mountain range. The mountain was huge and was connected to smaller sized hills that made the thing look even bigger, the two people went into a small cave in the side of the mountain and climbed up a rough staircase until they reached the heart of the huge fortress where a huge city with a palace in the middle stood.

Snow wasn't a problem for these people for some sort of reason and because of the area they lived in it was nearly impossible to find them, the two approached a huge ice palace made of clear strong ice which couldn't even be melted by lava from a volcano. A group of guards stopped the little pack and started questioning.

Guard: What are your purposes here?

Unknown person 1: we were patrolling like normal when we stumbled across this human, we don't where shes from but she was in our borders however death.

Guard: did anyone see you?

Unknown person 2: no sir it was just strange and very worrying to find a body so close to our border.

Guard: are you sure it's not just the wolfs?

Unknown person 1: this was human work we found an ice shard in the side of her body.

Guard: I'm not to sure about an ice shard, you should see the king as soon as possible.

The guard escorted the two into the ice palace until they reached a huge room with a long table and 10 people discussing while drinking some sort of blue drink.

Guard: I'm sorry to interrupt you sir but, this is very important.

The crowned figure stood up and looked at the two holding the body and then back at the guard.

King: Everyone dismissed.

The other 9 quickly stood up and walked out of the main entrance and closed the door so no one else could disturb the important situation.

King: Speak.

Guard: These two were on patrol when they found a body on our borders, its human and it wasn't killed by an animal.

King: Murder?

Guard: We think so but were not sure.

King: Bring her to my chambers i'll see what the cause is.

the three followed the fancy robed man into his chamber where a huge bed stood with different items around it such as potions, weapons and carvings out of ice.

King: Put her down on the bed.

After carrying the body for an hour or so the two finally put down the body onto the bed and moved away to let the king through.

The king slowly inspected the wound and the ice fragment that was found in her, eventually he noticed the steel bullet inside the ice shard and noted down on his book.

Unknown person 1: My lord do you know what it is.

King: I have no idea what the thing inside is but, this ice shard isn't just any mages shard. This one was casted by the grand mage herself so whoever this person was, they didn't get along with her.

Unknown person 2: That's impossible...

King: Yes the grand mage only stays in the middle or south of Japan so, how did someone killed by her end up at the very north of Japan.

Guard: It might of been teleported here sir.

King: you might be onto something.

Guard: Lord Moonlight, we still should be prepared what if she has finally returned to the North.