Chapter 4: The Southern Air Temple

The sun was rising on a brand new day as Naruto, Aang, and Katara were on Appa, getting ready to fly in the air again to get to Aang's old home... the Southern Air Temple.
"Wait till you see it, Katara. The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world." Aang spoke, the excitement in his voice was evident.
"Aang, I know you're excited... but it's been a hundred years since you've been home." Katara pointed out.
"That's why I'm so excited!" Aang replied.
"Well... it's just that a lot can change in all that time." Katara said.
"Yeah, who knows if the Air Nomads that taught you are still around, you might have to get used to a whole new generation of airbenders!" Naruto pointed out.
"Whatever the case, I need to see it for myself." Aang replied as he jumped off of Appa, and walked towards Sokka's sleeping bag, since Sokka was the only one still sleeping.
"Wake up, Sokka. Air Temple, here we come!" Aang cheered. Apparently, Sokka was a light sleeper, since he groaned in response.
"Sleep now, Temple later." Sokka replied as he turned to face away from Aang and fell back to sleep. Aang looked surprised for a second, not sure how he could wake up and go back to sleep so fast, but then he got an evil smirk on his face. Naruto chuckled... he knew that look all too well... it was the face of a prankster with an idea in his head. Aang grabbed a stick near by Sokka's sleeping bag and poked Sokka with it... sliding the stick around the sleeping bag.
"Sokka, wake up! There's a prickled snake inside your sleeping bag!" Aang yelled in fake terror. Sokka then noticed the feeling of something going around his sleeping bag as his eyes widened. He got to his feet, screaming as he hopped forward.
"GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" Sokka yelled before he hopped into a rock in front of him, tripping him. Naruto chuckled in amusement. Sure it wasn't like painting the Hokage Stone Faces and somehow not getting caught until he was pretty much done, but not all pranks had to be so big. Sometimes the simpliest of pranks was the best way to get a good laugh, like when Naruto made a simple eraser trap for Kakashi when they first met, and Kakashi failed to dodge it. Katara giggled as well.
"Great, you're awake. Let's go." Aang said cheerfully as Sokka looked upset and being tricked.

Sasuke, Zuko, and Iroh exited their ship and entered a port where many Fire Navy ships were docked.
"Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing their trail." Zuko informed Iroh.
"You mean the Avatar and Naruto Uzumaki." Iroh stated. Zuko quickly turned to face his uncle.
"Don't mention their names on these docks." Zuko said quietly.
"Yeah, if we had competition after them, both my and Zuko goals would be more complicated to achieve." Sasuke added.
"What exactly would be more complicated to achieve, Prince Zuko?" asked a new voice, catching the attention of the trio.
"Captain Zhao" Zuko growled in disdain.
"It's Commander now." Zhao informed Zuko before bowing.
"And General Iroh. A great hero of our nation." Zhao said in respect of the older man.
"Retired General" Iroh corrected. Zhao turned his attention to Sasuke.
"And who would this be, he wears blue... but his clothes do not seem like Water Tribe." Zhao said.
"I am Sasuke Uchiha. I simply wear the clothes of my clan." Sasuke replied.
"Well, the Fire Lord's brother and son are welcomed guest any time. General Iroh, if I may, do you find this Sasuke to be trustworthy?" Zhao asked.
"Commander, he has not given me any reason not to trust him." Iroh replied.
"Then Sasuke too, is a welcomed guest. Now, if I may ask, what brings you to my harbor?" Zhao asked curiously.
"Our ship is being repaired." Iroh replied, pointing at the damaged battle ship.
"That's quite a bit of damage." Zhao pointed out.
"Yes, you wouldn't believe what happened. Uncle, tell Commander Zhao what happened." Zuko replied. Iroh's eyes widened in surprise.
"Yes... I will do that. It was incredible, tell Commander Zhao, Sasuke!" Iroh said. Sasuke's eyes widened as he fought the urge to groan in anger.
"We got into a violent crash while we were travelling." Sasuke explained.
"Yes, we crashed right into an Earth Kingdom ship!" Zuko added on to that.
"Really? You must regale me with all the thrilling details. Join me for a drink?" Zhao asked, clearly suspecting something was wrong, as only Sasuke had been believable to him.
"Sorry, but we have to go." Zuko replied before starting to walk away. However, Iroh grabbed him by the shoulder, stopping him.
"Prince Zuko, show Commander Zhao your respect." Iroh reprimanded before turning to look at Zhao.
"We would be honored to join you. Do you have any Jing Sang tea? It's my favorite." Iroh said before walking away with Zhao. Sasuke facepalmed.
'That man's obsession with tea is as bad as Naruto's obsession with ramen, or Kakashi's obsession with that orange book he keeps reading, and it may get us killed!' Sasuke thought, clearly annoyed by the recent turn of events.