Chapter 21: The Siege of the North part 1

This is the beginning of the end

This is the beginning of the end.... [of this book anyway]
"So, the Leaf Village really is surrounded by forest?" Yue asked Naruto as she walked with him around the Northern Water Tribe city.
"Yeah. It's nice. But it's also why this city is really cool to me. I've never seen anything like it in my world." Naruto replied. Yue sighed.
"Naruto, this is wrong." Yue said. Naruto shrugged.
"How? I didn't ask you on a date. I'm not trying to hold your hand or kiss you. I'm just hanging out with a friend." Naruto pointed out.
"It's just that, I'm engaged and I don't feel right." Yue replied.
"Then we should get Sokka and Appa." Naruto said.
"What?" Yue asked.
"Maybe this wouldn't feel like a date if we had more people to be with. Sokka is cool and Appa, we'll.... hopefully all my friends can meet him one day. He's awesome!" Naruto explained as he walked to where Sokka and Appa would be, Yue following the shinobi.

Sokka wasn't so difficult to convince to go flying on Appa with Naruto and Yue. Mostly because Sokka made it his unspoken personal mission to be the best wingman he could be for Naruto, even if Naruto had not known it yet. When Naruto walked over to Appa, Appa was excited to see him tackling him down. Naruto chuckled as he pet Appa's head.
"You crazy loveable bison!" Naruto said laughing.
"Looks like you haven't been giving Appa enough attention." Yue said laughing. Naruto looked at Appa and smiled as Appa let him up.
"If that's the case I will have to get him a lot of food as an apology!" Naruto replied with a smile as he leaped onto Appa and held his reigns. Sokka smiled at Yue.
"Trust me, you're going to love this. Get on." Sokka told Yue, who nodded and got on Appa, sitting next to Naruto, while Sokka climbed on and sat in the back.

"So how does this work?" Yue asked.
"Are you hanging on tight? The saddle works well making sure people don't fall off and all, but safety is still important." Naruto replied. Yue nodded.
"Okay, Appa! Ready? Yip yip!" Naruto said. Appa took off in the air.
"Oh my goodness!" Yue said in excitement as Appa took to the skies.
"Yeah, I was excited my first time flying too. But if you tell Aang or Katara I said that I will deny it!" Sokka replied. Naruto chuckled.
"Of course you would." Naruto replied.
"Naruto, I can't believe you do this everyday!" Yue said in awe as she looked at the blonde. Naruto smiled.
"And it never gets old to me. There's not much flying stuff in my world, so being in the sky is honestly something I've grown to love, you know." Naruto replied.
"Is it always this cold in the sky?" Yue asked before she held onto Naruto for warmth (or at least that was the excuse she was making in her head to be close to Naruto). Sokka smiled at seeing this.
'You get her, buddy! Go, Naruto!' Sokka mentally cheered.
"I find, that it's not so cold when you're with someone. Flying with someone you care about is.... is one of the best feelings in the universe, believe it!" Naruto replied. Yue blushed.
"It's beautiful up here." Yue said.
"Yeah, it is." Naruto replied. Yue started to inch closer to Naruto to kiss him, and Sokka mentally cheered! But then Sokka yawned and interupted the moment.
"S-sorry, I... I don't know w-what came over me." Yue said.
"N-no. It's fine.... it's ok." Naruto replied as both he and Yue looked away from each other blushing.
'I never did think you'd fall in love, Naruto. Thought you'd be too much of an idiot to know the difference between ramen love, friendship love, and romantic love.' The Nine Tails said in Naruto's mind.
'I don't fully understand it in words... but I know the differences now... thanks to this world, and the people in it.' Naruto replied, thinking of Yue as he said that. Suddenly Naruto noticed black snow starting to fall.