Chapter 7: The King of Omashu

After a while of flying, Appa got tired... so Aang decided to walk the rest of the way to Omashu. As Naruto, Katara, and Sokka followed Aang, it didn't take very long before Aang stopped in front of them.
"The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu!" Aang presented. Naruto, Katara, and Sokka looked at the city in awe. From a distance it was unique... beautiful even.
"I used to always come here to visit my friend Bumi." Aang said.
"Wow. We don't have cities like this in the South Pole." Katara gasped in awe.
"They have buildings here that don't melt!" Sokka added in amazement. Naruto smirked, Omashu looked impressive to him too... but for completely different reasons.
"The city kinda look like those triangle buildings Pervy Sage told me about... pyrasomethings" Naruto said.
'Pyramid!' The Nine Tails groaned.
"Pyramids!" Naruto repeated. Aang looked to see his friends.
"Let's go then, slow pokes. The real fun is inside the city" Aang announced before leaping into the air before he landed to slide downhill.
"Wait, Aang! It could be dangerous is people find out you're the Avatar." Katara stated.
"Wait why?" Naruto asked.
"Because you never know where Fire Nation spies are hiding. The Fire Nation over the course of the war has become masters of blending in among the people in order to scope out weak points to areas they intend to attack." Sokka explained to Naruto before turning his focus to Aang.
"Aang, you need a disguise." Sokka told him.
"So what am I supposed to do? I can't exactly transform into other people like Naruto can. Am I just supposed to grow a mustashe?" Aang asked.

It didn't take that long before Aang was given a fake mustashe and wig made from Appa's fur that he had shed a bit. Aang scratched his head.
"Ugh, this is so itchy!" Aang complained.
"How do you live in this stuff?" Aang asked Appa, who just looked at him and breathed on him.
"Great. Now you look just like my grandfather." Sokka told Aang. Katara turned her gaze to see Naruto and Sokka.
"Technically Aang is a hundred and twelve years old." Katara pointed out. Naruto chuckled.
"You sure you are going to be able to keep up, old timer?" Naruto asked jokingly before Aang airbended his staff to his hands.
"I can walk with the young without help! Now let's get to skippin' young whipper snappers. The big city awaits!" Aang replied as he stood like an old man would, using his staff as an oversized walking cane. Naruto, Katara, and Sokka looked at each other.
'He's already way to into the old man act.' Naruto thought as he broke his gaze in order to follow him into Omashu.

As the 4 friends walked on the path that leads into Omashu, Aang began to speak.
"You guys are going to love Omashu. The people here are the friendliest in the world." Aang stated as he walked ahead of the group. However, as if the universe just wanted to prove Aang wrong, yelling was soon heard.
"ROTTEN CABBAGES?! WHAT KIND OF SLUM DO YOU THINK THIS IS?" An Earth Kingdom guard yelled as he crushed the cabbage in his hand easily, then slapped another cabbage out of the hand of the man who intended to sell the cabbages. The guard then extended his arm and the ground from under the cart of leftover cabbages rose, tossing the cabbage cart high into the air and down the edge of the long row into the pit below.
"NO! MY CABBAGES!" the cabbage salesman yelled in horror. Naruto and friends looked over the edge of the road they were on to see the cart hit the botton of the long pit below, utterly destroying every cabbage with the impact of landing alone.
"Just keep smiling." Aang advised with a new found nervousness in his voice. As they continued to follow Aang, Naruto and Katara chuckled nervously. As they approached the guards, one used earthbending to put a giant boulder over Aang's head.
"State your business!" the guard ordered. Aang used airbending to increase his speed, moving faster than the earthbender thought possible to run up to the man's face.
"My business is my business, young man and none of yours! I got have a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!" Aang scolded with a surprisingly convincing old man voice.
"Settle down old timer. Just tell me who you are." the guard said, opting to respect his elders... even if it was a fast moving old man who probably would paddle his backside.
"Name's Bonzu Pippinpaddleopsicopolis, the Third and these are my grandkids." Aang replied as Katara walked ahead of Aang and started to wave, playing the role of a sweet, charming innocent granddaughter.
"Hi. June Pippinpaddleopsicopolis. Nice to meet you." Katara greeted. Naruto fought the urge to look at Katara in sheer amazement.
'The last name 'Bonzu' chose was so long... I can't remember it!' Naruto thought. The guard scratched his beard in thought.
"You seem like a responsible young lady. See that your grandfather stays out of trouble." the guard instructed to Katara while pointing at her.
"Enjoy Omashu." the guard said as he stepped out of the way and motioned for them to continue along the path into the city.
"We will." Katara replied as the 4 started to walk away. The guard then saw Sokka pass by and he looked angry.
'Wait a minute!" the guard ordered sternly as he grabbed Sokka's shoulder. Naruto and Sokka looked at each other in shock.
"You're a strong young boy, as you are orange one. One of you show some respect for the elderly and carry your grandfather's bag!" the guard ordered, clearly upset that these young men would have an 'elderly' man struggle with luggage while they had nothing to carry.
"Good idea!" Aang replied cheerfully in his old man voice as he tossed the bag he was carrying to Sokka. The bag hit Sokka in the face before he caught it. The gates of Omashu then started to open and the four walked into the city, the gates closed as they passed by. But as Aang was walking into Omashu, Momo woke up and stood his ears up, revealing his hiding place atop Aang's head. But since Momo didn't stand up, keeping himself well hidden for the most part, the guard looked in surprise and confusion at the sight of a man with 4 ears.