Chapter 14: The Three Spirits

Author note: After rewatching the Blue Spirit episode... I decided there might indeed be a way to make it worth adapting into this fanfic... no it's not swap Aang's role in the episode and give it to Naruto... but rewatching this episode makes me realize how much potential there was in a Naruto/Aang team up, and with Zu.. 'cough' I mean "Blue Spirit" in the mix.. things would be very interesting. [Come on, Avatar fans should remember who Blue Spirit is] Needless to say... The Blue Spirit is this chapter after all... my mind changes so easily sometimes.... also this title was decided due to The Nine Tails Spirit (Naruto), Avatar Spirit (Aang), and Blue Spirit (Zuko). Also enjoy the random Naruto cover I found on YouTube.
~Sage

In early morning, so early that the sun wasn't even up, Sasuke Uchiha silently ate his breakfast on board Zuko's ship. As he ate he glared at his scratched Hidden Leaf headband, he remembered how powerful Naruto was during their fight in the Final Valley, and it bothered him... the way Naruto had caught up to him in power so quickly. He looked across to where Prince Zuko would be seated... but Zuko was no where to be found.
"Hmph... a bit unusual. Whatever." Sasuke said to himself.

Meanwhile on a Fire Nation Base
A group of archers were practicing their craft, they were perfect, only hitting the bullseye again and again, each arrow splitting the one that flew before it. Zhao and another commanding officer, one ranked higher than him were discussing adding the archers to Zhao's search for the Avatar and Naruto Uzumaki, whom the Earth Kingdom now called the 'People's Champion'.
"Absolutely not! The Yu Yang archers stay here. Your request is denied Commander Zhao." said the Colonel.
"Colonel Shinu, please reconsider." Zhao replied before he turned his face to look at the archers again.
"Their precision is legendary. The Yu Yan can pin a fly to a tree from a hundred yards away without killing it." Zhao reasoned before turning to look at Shinu again.
"You're wasting their talents using them as mere security guards." Zhao stated.
"I can do whatever I want with their talents. Their MY archers and what I say goes." Shinu replied strongly.
"But my search for the Avatar and Naruto Uzumaki is..." Zhao started to argue before Shinu cut him off.
"Is nothing but a vanity project. We're fighting a real war here, and I need every man I've got, Commander!" Shinu replied.
"But..." Zhao started to say.
"THAT'S FINAL! I DON'T WANNA HERE ANOTHER WORD ABOUT IT!" Shinu bellowed as he turned his back on Zhao. Zhao growled in anger and frustration, when suddenly a messenger bird flew into the base, landing on Shinu's arm. When Shinu retrieved the message from the bird and read it, he flinched, his face was filled with horror.
"News from Fire Lord Ozai?" Zhao asked as he walked toward Shinu and took the message from him. He smiled when he read the news.
"It appears, I've been promoted to Admiral. My request... is now an order." Zhao announced as he looked at Shinu with a smug look on his face. Given no other choice but to comply, Colonel Shinu bowed. Little did Zhao know... someone was listening in on their little conversation.

Naruto was thinking of the previous adventures... they had to stop two feuding tribes from killing each other and themselves, they got caught in a storm while Aang explained his backstory to Naruto and Katara... and now Sokka was sick due to his time being caught in the storm. Currently Naruto was recharging his Toad Stone after he had drained all the chakra from it while summoning Gamabunta back when they had their run in with pirates. Sokka was coughing as Katara put a cold, wet towel on his head.
"This should bring your fever down." Katara told her brother.
"You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor." the delirious Sokka said as he rested on Appa, who had volunteered to be used as a bed.
"That's nice. I'll tell him." Katara replied. Appa let out a content grunt while Sokka chuckled.
"Classic Appa." Sokka said. Naruto smiled, sure Sokka was sick, but it was still nice to see Sokka appreciate one of his friends... even if it was the giant flying bison. Aang walked over to Katara and Sokka.
"How's Sokka doing?" Aang asked.
"Not so good. Being out in that storm really did a number on him." Katara replied.
"Well, I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map." Aang reported as he put the map on the floor and opened the scroll.
"There's an herbalist institute on top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there." Aang stated.
"Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara replied. Naruto sighed.
"Sokka won't need to travel. I'll go and ask the herbalist for the cure and come back." Naruto replied.
"Naruto, I don't think you should go al.." as Katara was about to say 'alone' she started to cough a lot.
"I think I should go... it looks like you're getting sick too." Aang said.
"Relax guys, it was just a little cough." Katara retorted before she started to cough again.
"That's how Sokka started yesterday. Now look at him. He thinks he's an earthbender!" Aang pointed out.
"Take that you rock!" Sokka declared as he 'earthbended' the imaginary rock in front of him.
"He also thinks he's a guy named David Bowie Sensei!" Naruto replied.
"There's a milk man, waiting in the sky! He likes to deliever dairy so long as it's homogenized. There's a milk man, waiting in the sky! He drives a rundown milk-float and his milk's been pasturized he told me, let the bovines moo it, let the bovines chew it, let all the bovines boogie down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, DOWN, down, down, down, down! Because I AM David Bowie" Sokka sang. (I wonder if anyone will actually get that reference. ~Sage) Naruto blinked twice at that.
"A few more hours, and you'll be talking non sense too. Naruto, I think you should stay with Katara and Sokka... I'll get the cure from up the mountain." Aang suggested. Aang grabbed his staff and turned the glider mode on when lightning appeared in the sky. Aang spun his glider, transforming it back into a staff.
"Uh, maybe it's safer if I go on foot. Naruto, Appa, Momo, keep an eye on 'em" Aang replied. Aang jumped into the air to start his journey. Naruto started to stand up, leaving his Toad Stone next to Appa.
"Naruto, if you're going to follow Aang... I think you should leave a Shadow Clone here. And also be careful... the bounty on your head is just as big as the one the Fire Nation has on Aang." Katara warned. Naruto nodded and left a Shadow Clone with his friends as he took off into the forest after Aang.