Chapter 8: Imprisoned

Author greeting: Hey everyone, welcome back to the story. One thing I love about reading Naruto manga is reading the extra part between chapters where Masashi Kishimoto Sensei tells us about parts of his life or what his interest are. It reminds us that even those who create the art that we love so much are human and have their own interest and funny stories to tell. So I think I'll copy that idea from this point forward and put these little extra greetings before every chapter now. Also, on the off chance Kishimoto Sensei ever finds this story... thanks for making Naruto, it's my favorite anime/manga series and the character Naruto Uzumaki continues to be an inspiration to me to never give up. Every day I'll try to better myself to become the best I can be at anything I do. Believe it!

Naruto and friends were at a forest that reminded Naruto of the area around the Leaf Village. The forest area outside the Leaf Village was quite beautiful... but Naruto didn't realize that until he was here... in a forest similar to it in this world. Maybe he took it for granted because he saw it everyday... now he missed it more than he thought he ever would. As they rested for a bit, Naruto decided to use the trees to his advantage and review the tree climbing exercises that Kakashi taught him back when he was on the mission at The Land of Waves. After an hour or so of training, Naruto noticed Sokka returning to the group. Sokka had left to look for food while Naruto trained.
"Great, you're back! What's for dinner?" Aang asked.
"We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval shape nuts. And some rock shape nuts that might just be rocks." Sokka answered as he took out an example of each of the nuts he gathered, but tossed the 'rock shaped' one he mentioned behind him. Momo was smelling a leaf when he noticed the possible rock/nut.
"Dig in" Sokka said with a smile. Naruto suddenly wished he knew how to make food pills... one would come in handy right now.
"Seriously, what else you got?" Katara asked. Sokka looked inside his bag to check as Momo eyed the possible rock/nut. He picked it up and whacked it against a rock nearby twice. Momo then grabbed the rock/nut and smashed it hard on the rock and a large boom followed, shaking Momo. It was loud for the people too.
"What was that?" Sokka asked nervously. Momo blinked twice before gently dropping the tiny rock/nut, and the loud boom returned. Momo quickly leaped away from the rock/nut, thinking he was the cause of the loud boom.
"It's coming from over there." Aang stated, pointing in the direction in front of him. Naruto, Katara, and Aang ran into the direction of the loud booms.
"Shouldn't we run AWAY from the huge booms, not toward them?" Sokka asked, waving his arms to get his friend's attention. Momo leaped after the 3 that left, leaving Sokka to sigh and follow behind. Naruto and friends soon made it to the sound of the booms and they crouched behind a log. There they witnessed a boy around their age practicing his earthbending. The boy moved a rock and threw his fist forward, making it slam into the carved wall in a small almost canyon like path ahead.
"An Earthbender." Katara said.
"Let's go meet him." Aang suggested.
"He looks dangerous so we better approach cautious... NARUTO!" Sokka was going to say before Naruto leaped and landed in front of the earthbender.
"Hey, that's a cool ability you got there, earthbending. I've seen it one other time not to long ago in a place called Omashu!" Naruto greeted cheerfully. The earthbender took off running away.
"Hey wait... why are you running! I was just complimenting you on how cool earthbending is!" Naruto yelled as he ran after the boy, who used earthbending to block his path, but Naruto easily leaped over it due to a good use of his chakra.
"Naruto! He never listens!" Sokka mumbled.
"NICE TO MEET YOU!" Aang yelled dispite the boy running away.

Aang and friends went to a town after walking in the direction where the earthbender ran off to... only to find Naruto at a ramen bar.
"Naruto.... where did you find the money to pay for that?" Katara asked.
"After running into a huge bear creature, I found this town... did some odd jobs for money and came here for some ramen.... I lost the earthbender in the process of fighting the bear creature though" Naruto explained.
"Do you have any money left over?" Sokka asked.
"No... I used it all on all my bowls of ramen" Naruto replied as he pointed to a 20 bowl pile of plates all consumed by Naruto!
"NARUTO WE COULD HAVE USED THAT MONEY FOR FOOD FOR THE ROAD!" Sokka yelled before he facepalmed.
"Spirits what did we do to deserve this?" Sokka asked.
"What was that? I wasn't paying attention, I was busy eating my ramen" Naruto replied, unintentionally pulling a Kakashi.
'Damn you and that suddenly cool attitude, Naruto!!!' Sokka thought as he raised his fist in the air, being more like Might Guy than usual. (The Naruto manga spells it Might Guy, while the English sub in the anime often spells it as Might Gai... weird~ Sage)
"What's with him?" Naruto asked Katara.
"I have no idea" Katara replied.