ONE

𝟢𝟣 · 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳

· · ·

· · ·

JOSH CALMLY LAID OUT THE SLEEPING BAG AND TOSSED A SPARE PILLOW ON THE FLOOR.

He glanced at his watch, seeing the numbers change to 3:48. She was either late, or tonight she wasn't coming. But just in case, his window was wide open for her. If she wasn't there by four AM, he'd close up shop and head straight to bed.

But he knew the Sato siblings were throwing a large party that night- she had to have definitely gone seeing as the brother was a close friend of hers.

In their two years of whatever this relationship was, she managed to persuade her parents to let her have "occasional" sleepovers with her "old friend Josh Sanderson." Considering that their parents so desperately wanted them to be friends, they were absolutely fine with it.

What they didn't know was how hammered their daughter was right before sneaking into Josh's house. Meanwhile, his parents believed they were friends their entire seventeen years and let it slide sometimes. How Thea managed to pull this excuse/lie off was nothing short of a miracle to him.

Tonight, however, he wasn't feeling the best. Everything was going by so fast, his eyes were blurry from the aftermath. The tears finally stopped, but his heart continued to ache.

"PSST!" Thea suddenly whisper-shouted. "Incoming!"

Unfortunately, by the time she announced her arrival her jacket was soaring in the air into his window. He caught each item with ease and lowered them gently to the floor.

"OOF-" The purse hit him square in the face. "What do you have in this thing?"

"My phone-my gum-my clothes... owie..." She sputtered while struggling to climb in. He helped swing her leg back so her legs could hang over the windowsill. She jumped off and stretched her arms, beaming at the ceiling.

"Okay, let go of the beer bottle-let-go-" he snatched the bottle out of her hand.

"I'm just buzzed, not drunk," she rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna change."

His eyes widened to the size of saucers. "In here? But Thea-Fine, I'm gonna turn around while you're doing all of that, then."