SIX

𝟢𝟨 · 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭

· · ·

· · ·

WHEN OCTOBER ROLLED AROUND, THEA WAS ALREADY PREPARING FOR HALLOWEEN.

Maniacally she clasped her hands together and laughed.

"What's with you?" Ethan raised an eyebrow.

"Halloween," she whispered in an almost psychotic manner with a devilish grin. Ethan instantly shut up. 

She hadn't gone to Josh Sanderson's house in a couple weeks, but the event she was looking forward to was the college party, the one she DMed about not too long ago. It was a Halloween party, which made her even more excited than ever. 

Josh surely didn't miss her, she was letting him off easy since he didn't have to stay up so late for her to come back. All he responded when she texted him was ok. Of course, she dwelled over those two letters for a few hours before giving up. 

Ina Christensen was busy writing something in Ethan's notebook before sliding it to him. He was madly scribbling something back and the rather loud scratching of the pencil against paper made Thea squirm and look over his shoulder. 

"So you're just gonna move on from you-know-who?" she hissed in his ear. "Ina, I love your belt. It's perfect for our Halloween idea and you must wear it."

"Thanks, girl," Ina whispered over to Thea. They were in the same friend group, so Thea was sweet on the girl. "I plan on it."

"What? No..." Ethan furrowed his brow. "I've got something."

Josh was in the front row next to another smart girl, something Booker. Thea was sure she had made fun of the girl before, maybe accidentally ran into her so she caused all the books and papers to fall. 

"Whatever you say."

She watched Josh laughing with the Booker girl about something said between the two of them. Their laughs echoed throughout the room, causing a few people to turn around to see what the commotion was about. They looked at each other and shared knowing looks with a small smirk. And Thea didn't like not knowing secrets. Even the ones between a weird loser with a nice smile and big boobs and the sweetest loser she'd ever met with a heart of gold.

"You know, you've been delaying talking to me about some sort of whatever for like three weeks already, can you just tell me already?" Ethan pouted.