FIVE

𝟢𝟧 · 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦

· · ·

· · ·

SO JOSH WAS THE KIND OF GUY WHO LIKED WRITING AND RECEIVING LETTERS THEN, THEA CONCLUDED WHILE FINISHING UP AN ESSAY THAT WAS DUE IN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES.

Analysis on the last section of Beloved wasn't so bad, save for the fact she knew nothing and cliffnotes was her best friend at the moment.

Still.... As she was on the concluding paragraph, she couldn't stop drawing her thoughts back to Josh and Lara Jean. He and her sister were dating for two years, meaning he and Lara Jean could never happen- that would make her not very good of a sister.

If Thea were Margot, she would've understood why they broke up, but also try to make the first semester work. If it really was meant to be, distance as big as the ocean wouldn't keep them apart. No college could separate them.

Alas, it must not have been meant to be.

She shoved her terribly-written essay into her bag and left the library after the bell rang. With a class farther away from where she was, she needed to walk faster than the usual speed it took on average.

At some point, she saw Lilian talking to a few cheerleaders, and didn't really feel like saying hello to her. After an eventful weekend, she wanted nothing more than to avoid conversation with her friends.

"Thea?" called out a voice from the lockers beside her as she walked down the hall.

The hallways were empty as she was already getting closer to her classroom. But did she really care about being on time?

"Hey, I've been meaning to call, how've you been?"

Thea fell asleep on his bed while he took the couch in the living room that night after practically soaking his shirt straight through. The next morning, she was gone. Typical, yes, but still a bit unnerving to talk to someone at your house and not seeing them when you both woke up.

"Fine," she mumbled. "Peachy."

"Peachy?" he laughed. He stopped when he saw her expression remain the same.

At this he cleared his throat. "Um, sleep well?"

"Yeah. I'm okay," she responded and tried to continue on her way when Josh laid a hand on her shoulder.