TEN

1𝟢 · 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘴

· · ·

· · ·

THEA DIDN'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT JOSH, OR HER FEELINGS, OR ANY IDEA OF ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS EVER AGAIN.

As December continued on, she kept that letter shoved in between a textbook she never opened in her locker. She figured it wouldn't tempt her to read it; it was better to keep it written and never to be read by anyone at all. She tossed that particular textbook (who really studied for Psych with a textbook anyway?) into the locker and prayed her feelings would go away in time.

Lilian suddenly slammed her hand against the locker door, which gave off a sound that made Thea jump in her spot.

"Jesus-" Thea gasped.

"Remember Grant? Grant Civis, that dumb college kid you hooked up with during the summer?" Lilian said.

The name escaping Lilian's lips made Thea shiver. It had been a while since she'd heard anything about that boy.

"He finally showed up to a beach party that you ditched. Said he was looking for you cuz finals for him are over."

Her skin was crawling, her breath hitched, eyes trained on Lilian's ankle boots. She couldn't look her friend in the eyes.

"Oh really, now?" Thea said unenthusiastically.

"Uh, yeah. So I gave him your number. Let's see if he calls," Lilian said smugly, folding her arms over her chest.

At this, she looked up at Lilian and cried out, "Why did you do that?"

"Because this is the first I've ever heard a guy wanting to actually contact someone they've hooked up with."

"That was four months ago, Lilian. If he really wanted to see me again, he'd try to make at least some effort to find me," she groaned. "And Lilian, you really had no right to give out my number like that."

"Oh, bitch I had every right to. You've been such a total buzzkill since you stopped partying with us, and I mean, he's hot as hell. If he contacts you, you should go for it."

"You still should've asked me first," Thea said angrily.

"Jeez, I'm sorry that I'm trying to look out for you. God, you're so lame," Lilian shook her head.

Thea rolled her eyes, opening her mouth to utter a retort when she clamped her mouth shut and chose not to speak.

"Got something to say to me, Althea?" Lilian said in an almost threatening manner.