The Abandoned

It all started July 7th, 1988. I remember my parents said I was the cutest thing that they ever saw. I'm sure I was.. but not now. I will never compare to the other girls with my stupid smile and idiotic blue eyes.

Today was my semester break for college. This was my last year here. Before I go to L.A. to become something meaningful to others. I got out of the taxi admiring the Chicago sky. I remember being here. I loved it here. Paying the driver, I grabbed my book bag and I walked back home. Home where all the loving memories of my two beloved parents.

I reached the front step and knocked on the door. She opened the door with her jet black hair dried out, nasty more of. Her face wasn't as I remembered. It used to be full, pink rosey cheeks and always a warm comforting smile. Now it was all hollow, and so frail to touch. Her smile was gone and now there just lies a blank, almost depressing frown. My poor mother.. what has happened to you? I tried my best to give her a warm smile. "Mom I've missed you!"I say and try to hug her. She doesn't wrap her arms around me, instead just stands there hesistant, waiting for me to let go. "How long are you staying?"She asks. Her voice was dry, almost like rubble. What happened to the sweet loving mother I left off with? And why was she so cruel all of a sudden.. I pulled away. "3 days.. I just wanted to visit my parents... Mom, what happened to you?"I asked. She rolls her eyes and walks back. "Scarlett, I started smoking, and drinking. So I guess that's what "happened". You shouldn't be here anyway. You should be somewhere else."She said and poured herself a glass of vodka. I sit down taking in her negativity tords me. "Where's daddy?"All this time of my mother acting like a total cunt I haven't even remembered my father. She looks down and sips her drink. I get up and walk over to her. "Mom, where's daddy?"I ask again. She sighs "He's in the hostpital.. he has lung cancer. He only has 6 months left to live."She sips her vodka. I tear up wiping my eyes. "How? How did he get it?"I ask. She sighs "It's not important." At this time I was in front of her, her drink thrown on the floor, the glass smashed into pieces. "HOW!"I cried. "BECAUSE OF MY SMOKING! HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING SO I HAD NO IDEA!"She yelled getting angry. I shake my head tearing up. "Fuck you! You're smoking killed dad!"I cried. She slapped me across the face. Hard. I fell back and into the coffee table. "Listen to me you little shit. I did NOT kill you're fucking father. Get the hell out of my house. NOW!"She scolded. I did as told and grab my things running out. My mother was completely over the edge wasted. And she probably wouldn't remember me coming there.

But I felt neglected, and my cheek was now bruised. By my own mother. I walked on down the street until I came to a familiar house. Was he still there? Was my old friend still at that house? Quickly, I cross the street praying for Andy to still be home. I knock on the door praying for someone to answer.. His mother answered. "Oh my god. Scarlett!!"She cried and brought me inside hugging me. "Hi Mrs.Biersack"I smiled hugging back. "Is uhm, this is really kinda weird to say.. But does Andy still live here?"I ask. She shook her head. "He left for L.A. awhile ago when his band found a record label. I'm sorry hun."She smiled. "It's alright. Can I stay here while I'm here? My mother.. isn't home."I say. She nodds and leads me to Andys old room. Still so many band posters of the Misfits and KISS all over his wall.. This was gonna be a rough 3 days.