{ five }

Spectrum pulled Vapor's neck away with all of her might. She pulled him up onto the cliff and Vapor roared in anger and sadness.

"NOOOOO! IVY!!!" He became so consumed of anger that he changed, turned into a different dragon. His muscles and body grew larger than the nightshadow dragon.

He grabbed Spectrum with his giant claws. His claws were so big that it trapped Spectrum and squeezed her like a lemon. She shrieked in pain and bit his talon. He let go of Spectrum and roared.

His powerful roar sent a forceful gush of wind that threw Spectrum back to the ground. Noah and Aurora had their jaws dropped.

They watched in shock as Vapor turned into this monstrous creature, that was worse than the nightshadow dragon.

Spectrum stood up and shook her head. The darkness drained off of her as her rainbow scales glowed in the sun. The voice was gone and Spectrum was back to herself. She breathed heavily as she noticed the unfamiliar dragon before her.

"Vapor!" Spectrum said all disoriented, "is that you?" She asked as his snout crinkled and he bared his teeth.

He growled, "Sorry.. Vapor is not here at the moment.." He left an echo in the air as fear rose up her spine. Spectrum's eyes widened in fear as Aurora tried to stop him. She nudged at his side.

"Vapor don't do this!" Noah yelled to him and Vapor growled.

He picked up Spectrum by her wing with his mouth. He bit into her wing as hard as he could. Spectrum felt his sharp fangs tear through her skin as her wing cracked in half. Spectrum shrieked and roared simultaneously in pain.

Pain burned through her, pain throbbed at her, pain stabbed at her.

She sobbed as Vapor threw her into the air. She screamed as she went up and down to her leg caught back into his mouth.

Spectrum looked into his eyes and quivered in fear. Her entire body was shaking as she shuddered and whimpered for mercy.

But that wasn't Vapor's eyes she was looking into anymore, she was looking into the eyes of her worst nightmare.

He snapped Spectrum's leg in half with her jaw, she yelled in pain as tears streamed out of her eyes. She was shaking uncontrollably as she wailed. Then he threw Spectrum over the cliff.

The monster ran onto the side of the cliff and roared down to her, "HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?!"

Fear and adrenaline surged through her. Her heart pounded heavily, almost as if it was trying to get out of her chest. She tried to fly with one wing but it just clapped against her side.

The last thing she saw before she hit the water was her worst nightmare devilishly smirking. She felt a chill went up her spine as fear tightened at her chest, clung to her scales, and the never ending sinking, stabbing pain in her heart.

Her body slapped against the water and everything fell black.

Ember opened her eyes as she sank deeper and deeper into the abyss. She reached her hand out to the sun rays in the water. She felt her lungs aching for oxygen as she felt her life fading away...

Out of nowhere, she felt scales scratch against her skin. She opened her eyes and saw Aurora bringing her up to the surface.

A wave of relief went through her and lifted the weight off of her heart. Her heart suddenly felt lighter as she came out of the water, and gasped for air.

Aurora set her down on the cliff and Ember thudded to the hard ground. She coughed up water, her head was bleeding and pain stabbed at her. She tried to move her arm and leg but they were both broken.