{ twenty }

Fear rose in Spectrum's chest as it twinged at her heart. Spectrum hyperventilated, and stared at Uncle Mushu. Emily and Aunt Jenna was trying to wake him up, doing CPR on him.

"NO NO NO!!!" Emily sobbed as Aunt Jenna held Emily in her arms.

Spectrum whimpered as she nudged Uncle Mushu. Then suddenly the tiniest movement lifted her spirits. Uncle Mushu groaned as he coughed up water.

He took a deep breath and chuckled, "I'm okay, I'm okay."

He smiled warmly as he hugged and kissed Emily and Aunt Jenna. Spectrum nuzzled him and he chuckled as he hugged her giant snout.

Spectrum purred happily. She was very grateful that Uncle Mushu was okay.

"Oh my god... I was so scared!" Emily cried happily in his arms.

"Shh... it's okay I'm here now, I'm okay." Uncle Mushu smiled as Aunt Jenna sighed heavily of the burden that has been lifted off her shoulders.

"Spectrum!" Aurora called out as she nuzzled her, "I've missed you so much! It was dreadful, being cooped up in that horrible place."

"I missed you too, and I think it's about time we all head home." Spectrum grinned happily.

"Uh actually... I want to show you something first." Aurora smirked as she glanced at Vapor.

The look in her eyes was something of true love and joy. Spectrum whined questionably as Aurora shot up into the sky. Vapor chuckled as he shot up as well. Spectrum sighed as she bent down to let all of the humans climb onto her back.

            ⚫️ ⚫️ ⚫️

They both flew into the darkness of the cave as Spectrum landed outside on the cliff. She expanded her wings as her friends slid down on her wings. Vapor and Aurora both came out of the cave with a tiny dragon baby.

"Oh, I've missed you so much sweetie." Aurora cooed as she licked the pale-scaled dragon cub. Vapor purred as he nuzzled his head onto the cub's head.

"Guys, this is Whisp—our son." Aurora smiled as she stared into Vapor's eyes.

They both nuzzled each other out of love as the whole beautiful dragon family picture came together. Spectrum felt her heart beating with happiness for them.

"Awww! He's so cute!" She awed and Whisp roared softly.

"Aurora?" Noah gasped as he saw Whisp. "No way..." He whispered incredulously.

"Oh, my gosh Vapor?!" Ivy gasped in awe as she noticed Whisp playing around, "You have a baby dragon? He is a-dooor-able!" Ivy squealed in excitement as she enunciated the last word.

"He's so beautiful!" Emily exclaimed.

They freaked out and praised the dragon baby as they cuddled and played with him. Whisp suddenly started nipping Spectrum's leg. She chuckled with great love for the little cub as she went along with it.

She bent down and crouched to a playing position and growled softly. Her growl was a much deeper tone than Whisp but that didn't seem to faze him.

Instead, he just wanted to play and he blew a tiny ice blast that only felt like a chilly breeze on Spectrum's leg. He then tumbled and almost rolled off of the edge when Spectrum stopped him with her tail.

She gently pushed him away from the edge. Aunt Jenna, Uncle Mushu, Aurora, and Vapor all smiled happily as they watched everyone else play with the dragon cub.

Whisp blew many ice blasts as they only left tiny patches of snow on Spectrum's friends. Spectrum stood up straight, she looked back at Aurora and Vapor again.

She felt the love in the air as she watched them lick each other out of pure, undying, true love. Spectrum smiled warmly as she was happy for them, no feelings for Vapor resided in her heart anymore.

A jolt of realization surged through her as she noticed the sun was setting. It was almost dawn and it wouldn't be too long before the daylight turned into night.

Spectrum sighed sadly, "I'm sorry guys but I must go back to my home village."

Vapor whined but nodded respectfully, "Well I guess this is where our journey ends."

"Oh..." Aurora realized sadly.

"Yeah... I- I guess we won't see each other again." Spectrum whined sadly, "You won't-" she choked on her words as Vapor nodded.

"Goodbye Spectrum..." Aurora nuzzled Spectrum. Spectrum nuzzled back as tears started to form around her eyes.

"You guys are the best dragon friends I've ever met and I've met a lot of dragons," Spectrum chuckled as Vapor whined softly.

"But none of them are like you guys, who've always sacrificed everything for me... I'll miss you guys so much." She sniffled and expanded her wings to hug them both one last time.

Whisp squeezed underneath her wings and sat in between the circle of Spectrum, Aurora and Vapor.

That made everyone crack up, Spectrum pulled away as Aurora nuzzled her son. Vapor smiled sadly but warmly simultaneously and nodded as Spectrum backed away.

"Wait... what's going on?" Ivy asked in confusion.

"They're saying goodbye." Aunt Jenna answered as she grinned warmly, Uncle Mushu nodded as he wrapped one arm around Aunt Jenna.

"What... oh awwww..." Noah said softly but he knew that he needed to say goodbye and go back to his own life too.

Noah walked up to Spectrum and stroked her scales. He started crying, "Spectrum- Ember... you are such an amazing friend and I love you so much. Thank you for the good, awesome times and—" He broke into hard sobs as he harshly hugged her tightly.

Spectrum purred as she wrapped her neck around Noah.

"I love you too." Spectrum grunted softly as Noah backed away towards Ivy and Vapor.

Ivy sobbed as she ran up to Spectrum and hugged the rainbow dragon's neck.

"Spectrum... you have made my life so much better and filled it with love, power, and adventure. I'll forever be grateful for that gift you gave me." Tears streamed down her cheeks as they seeped into the dragon's rainbow scales.

Ivy whispered to her one last time, "Goodbye Ember." Ivy kissed Spectrum as she backed away slowly towards Vapor.

They were all sad to see Spectrum and Emily and Jenna and Mushu go. But they knew that they had their own homes and lives, they needed get back to.

Emily, Mushu, and Jenna all jumped back on top of Spectrum as she flew up into the sky.

She soared through the clouds and at one last glance, she saw the black-haired girl standing on a cliff waving goodbye.