{ eighteen }

The earth started to shake as rocks fell to the entrance blocking the light, Spectrum didn't even notice her friends coming into the cave until she heard Ivy's voice.

"NO!! SPECTRUM STOP!" She yelled and Spectrum saw Ivy for the first time in awhile.

Happiness and relief surged through her, she knew they'd never abandon her. She smiled warmly as she saw all of them again.

Men behind her pointed guns at them and Noah snapped his fingers as Flicker took them out. There was also another dragon, it was one she've never seen before. It had spikes all over its body and had one long pointy spike on its head.

Then Spectrum felt Ryan struggling and squirming to get free of her grasp. She bit down harder as Ryan's screams filled the room.

"STOP!" Jack yelled out as he pushed Ivy out of the way to get closer to her.

Spectrum looked up to Jack and whimpered as her eyes started to tear up in guilt and in pain. She has been tortured by this guy for so long; he had hurt them again and again.

She wanted to kill him so badly, the urge was overwhelmingly strong. She breathed heavily as she struggled to not bite his head off.

I just want to be done with this asshole

Spectrum thoughts of killing him booming in her head as Jack's voice contradicted her.

"Don't do this!" He cried out as he put his hands up and walked slowly up to her.

"I know he's bad but don't kill him." Jack's voice was calm as Spectrum snorted angrily.

"Why?" Ivy called out and Jack looked over at Ivy.

"Why should she not kill him?" She asked, "After everything Ryan's done." Ivy put her arms in the air as he looked at Noah for confirmation.

"I say kill him." Noah chuckled as Ivy nodded her head.

Jack looked back at Spectrum and scoffed wryly, "What?! Guys no! No matter what shit he has done to us.. we are not killers! We won't stoop down to their level. So Spectrum this decision, right now... will determine who you really truly are. A powerful but kind and good dragon who helps others? Or just a powerful killing machine." His lips tightened as he crossed his arms.

Spectrum whines as she felt Ryan struggle even more, he was shaking all over the place, making her face move as well.

"NO NO NO DON'T KILL ME!! I'M SORRY!" Ryan shrieked.

Spectrum sighed and softened her jaw, she put Ryan's feet on the ground gently as she finally let go. Ryan breathed heavily as he walked backwards quickly.

Only to be stopped by Jack and Ivy and Noah. They all stood there with a serious face as Ryan chuckled wryly.

Then Ivy picked up one of the chains and handcuffed Ryan. He grumbled and moved vicariously but Spectrum growled and that was enough to make Ryan fall back in line. He sighed desperately as he knew he was defeated.

"Your tail is the only thing that can break the chains." Jack spoke softly to the unknown grey dragon.

It nodded and used it's tail to free Spectrum's family from the chains. Then we all waited and looked at Ivy in anticipation.

She took a deep breath, "Now what?"

They all shrugged their shoulders as suddenly pain spiked through Spectrum. She roared in pain and turned back into Ember.

Flicker quickly covered Ember with her wing as Noah threw her some clothes. She quickly changed into them. She thanked Flicker as she moved her wing away.