{ thirteen }

What do I do?

Spectrum closed her eyes and blocked everything out. She isolated herself and was alone in the darkness.

Remind Ash who he is...

A voice spoke to her and suddenly everything became clear. Spectrum opened her eyes and looked at Ash standing in front of her.

Ash was growling and he came closer, "Well? Just bow down to me and I'll do the rest." Ash smirked and Spectrum growled.

"No." Spectrum said strongly. A look of confusion and surprise shot on Ash's face. He snarled.

"WHAT?" He yelled, "What do you mean? Your family is going to die!" Ash roared.

"Ash... I know you're in there somewhere... Somewhere in there must be the boy that was happy, who grew up with his parents. Somewhere in there must be my brother, who was kind and special." Spectrum said softly.

Ash looked conflicted and shook his head, he growled. "All I am is the boy who wants full control and power!" He said proudly.

Spectrum sighed sadly, "Ash... you are my brother. You are Ash Rose. The boy who made his parents proud and happy. Who helped others..." Spectrum told him and came closer.

She nuzzled him and whispered to him, "Let me show you."

Ash growled and pushed her away, "NO!" He gestured his men to kill Emily.

"EMILY!!" Spectrum spread her wings and knocked the men out of the way.

She wrapped her wings around Emily. Spectrum breathed heavily as she looked around her. Ash walked over to Harper, he chuckled and sucked the power out of her. Or the life essence, Spectrum cried out and tried to save Harper but Ash's men will hurt Emily.

Spectrum had no choice, but to just sit there watching Harper die at Ash's claws. Tears streamed out of her eyes as she listened to Harper's screams and wails for help. When Harper suddenly stopped screaming, Spectrum thought it was the end for the wind dragon.

She gasped as Ash stopped himself. He had his claw in midair and he hesitated to finish her off. Ash growled and backed away from Harper. His men went to help him and he shook his head. The moon dragon snarled at his men.

They called his name, "Blade?" His men pet Ash's er.. Blade's head. Blade roared in fury at them, he scared his men away.

Blade breathed heavily and laid on the ground. His ears were pinned down to his sides. Tears seeped out of his eyes and trailed down his cheeks. Spectrum slowly unwrapped Emily and Emily ran to Harper's side. Harper breathed weakly.

Spectrum stared at Ash and looked at Harper. She walked over to her side, Emily was sobbing into her neck.

She stroked her belly, "Go to Zedd," Emily said softly. She whimpered and nuzzled Harper's head.

"I'll be fine Spectrum..." Harper smiled weakly.

Spectrum smiled sadly and walked over to Zedd. Zedd tried to get up and she quickly ran to his left side and caught him before he fell. Zedd walked slowly as she aided him to Harper's side. They all sat around her comforting each other.

Then Spectrum remembered Blade, she whipped her head to where he was laying. Spectrum sighed sadly as she saw him fighting with himself, crying in deep remorse.

Spectrum got up and walked over to him. Spectrum sat in front of him and Blade looked up to Spectrum. He slowly sat up straight and sniffled.

"I'm so... so s-s-sorry," Blade said raspily, his eyes were filled with sorrow, remorse, guilt, and regret. He starting sobbing again, Spectrum nuzzled him and showed him kindness.

"I killed them... I killed our parents." Ash cried and Spectrum felt his tears seeping into her scales as she hugged him.
"Ash- uh Blade... it's okay, at least you have me now and it wasn't your fault." Spectrum said warmly.

"Heh... I remember the day you were born. I couldn't believe it... I had a little sister?" He chuckled and sniffled.

Blade breathed shakily and she heard Emily call out to her. Spectrum grinned as she looked back at her. Harper was up on her feet but she was super weak.

Spectrum quickly ran over to them and helped Harper and Zedd back to the house. The house was tiny but they built a huge dragon shed right next to it. It only fits one.

"Let's put Harper in here since she's lost almost all of her power," Zedd told her and she nodded.

Spectrum helped lay Harper in her bed. Spectrum couldn't fit inside any further than her shoulders. Emily kneeled at Harper's side. She laid on top of Harper as they snoozed sleepily. Spectrum and Zedd watched them snuggle and sleep peacefully together.

Blade sat away far from the house, watching. Spectrum couldn't really see it but she knew he was smiling. Spectrum chuckled softly and heard a distant roar from afar. Her ears flicked to the sound. She listened to the roar became louder as it came closer.

Spectrum gasped in fear and whipped her head behind her. She got swooped under her feet and knocked to the ground. She tumbled and crashed into the dirt. Spectrum got jumped up to her feet and saw the same nightshadow dragon that corrupted her.

"You..." Spectrum snarled. She flew into the sky and dashed towards Nightmare.

Nightmare quickly dodged her and chuckled. He whooshed down to Spectrum's family. Spectrum roared and went after him.

Nightmare was nowhere to be seen and her family was all laying on the ground, suddenly she felt a sharp piercing pain at her neck.

Spectrum looked over her shoulder and saw Nightmare biting her neck. She stared into his eyes and saw her deepest darkest fears.

Spectrum hyperventilated and fought with every ounce of her body not to go under. She felt her eyelids drooping as the world fell black.