{ twenty-one }

The day was almost gone as Spectrum finally found her home, at last. She landed gracefully and her family got off of her back.

She sighed happily as she closed her eyes and breathed in the wonderful breeze. Until something caught her scent of smell, it was an unfamiliar smell and it was foreign.

Suddenly she felt ropes wrap around her muzzle as her family screamed. Blade dashed down and landed with a thud. Dust clouds gathered around him as he walked out of the dust, he stood tall with Tyler and Ryan on top of him.

Tyler crackled as he spread his arms out, "We're back!" He smirked mischievously as Ryan jumped off of Spectrum's brother and walked up to her.

"Hello Radiant... now, where were we?" He said softly as he rubbed the rainbow dragon's muzzle.

Spectrum roared and growled as she tried to bite him but the ropes held her down. Ryan chuckled as he grabbed his own tack from one of his men who handed it to him.

He put on the tack and got on top of Spectrum. Her family were taken away and tied up inside of a empty village house. Ryan pulled on the reins, he kicked at her sides as Spectrum roared in anger.

"COME ON LISTEN TO ME RADIANT!" Ryan screamed as a guy tased at Spectrum's side which made her yelp and jump up into the sky.

She flew higher and higher as Ryan whooped and hollered. Spectrum sighed in desperation as everything was falling apart.

She felt a piercing pain at her stomach as the world was starting to fade in and out. She breathed heavily and fell down through the sky. Her wings went limp as the world went black with a thud to the ground.

••••••••••••

Spectrum woke up in an open field with Tyler looking down on her. Spectrum flinched as she quickly backed away.

She roared angrily and she suddenly felt the force stop her neck. She growled as she noticed she had a collar on her neck that was attached to the chain on the ground.

Tyler chuckled and walked up to Spectrum, "Quite the feisty one aren't you?" He smirked as he stared into her eyes.

Tyler's eyes were filled with pure anguish and hurt but it all was hidden within the horrendous evil that lingered.

Spectrum felt her heart sink deep into her chest, she was petrified about what's to come. Tyler held a serum in his hand and before he could inject her with it, Ryan called out.

"NO! HEY! I thought I was going to keep Radiant!"

Tyler rolled his eyes and sighed deeply in annoyance.

"Ryan...." He chuckles softly, "I want them to all be human, I can't just keep them as dragons. You know how that works."

Ryan grumbled in frustration, "Wha? Oh come on can't you just whip up a serum or something to keep her as a dragon?" Ryan asked.

"No I can't! Not permanently anyways... besides why do you care so much?" Tyler stood up straight and had his hands gripped tight in a fist. He was starting to get agitated.

"I..." Ryan sighed desperately, "Just- save her for last please?" Ryan gulped and Tyler nodded, faking it.

He walked past Spectrum with a smug look on his face. Spectrum snarled at him and Ryan as he walked up to her.

"Hello my beauty..." He whispered and unchained her as he got on top of the rainbow dragon.

She flew above the village, and saw everyone chained up and lined in rows, ready to get injected by the blue serum. Tyler's 6 men went one by one, injecting them.

As the shifters were injected by the serum, they suddenly bursted into wailing screeches and screams that were inhumanly natural.

A sound of tremendous pain.

"Woah... what's he doing?" Ryan asked as he commanded Spectrum to land next to Tyler.

Ryan jumped off of her and asked Tyler, "Hey, what is all of this?"

"Oh just killing the dragons spirits inside of them that's all." Tyler grinned as Spectrum eyes widened.

She roared as she zipped past Ryan and Tyler towards the people of the village. She blasted fire balls towards Tyler's men and they ran away screaming in fear.

Then Spectrum landed in front of the people and turned around as she spread her wings. She snarled and roared ferociously at Ryan and Tyler.

"DON'T YOU DARE HURT THEM!!"

Tyler grunted angrily out of frustration as he stomped his foot. Tyler commanded Blade to attack her and she gasped in surprise.

Blade swooshed in and picked her up slightly and crashed her into the ground. Spectrum tumbled and rolled as she groaned in pain.

She slowly stood up and saw Blade lunging at her. She jumped up and hovered in the air as Blade crashed into the tree behind her. Blade shook his head and roared angrily.

"Why are you on their side?!" Spectrum cried out.

"Because Spectrum, I don't like being inside of another—I want to be free! I want to stay as dragon! I don't want my other stupid counterpart taking over and Tyler promised me that." Blade chuckled and smirked.

Spectrum realized that Ash feels horrible for what he's done but Blade... he's a totally different being. He wants to be his own figure.

"Blade... that would be impossible! there's no way to make you a normal dragon." Spectrum tried to convince him.

"SHUT UP!" Blade snapped as he lunged and bit her neck.

She screamed out of pain and kicked him away. She was breathing heavily as she felt blood oozing down her neck. Everything became blurry and dizzy.

She blinked twice to see Blade blow fire at her. It burned the scales of her snout right off, it hissed as smoke rose from her snout.

She fell onto the ground and breathed shakily. Blade pinned her down and Spectrum felt her power draining inside of her.

Tyler walked up next to Blade and touched him, then he started chanting a spell. Spectrum shrieked in pain as her living being was getting sucked out of her. She felt losing herself and turning back into Ember.

The world faded into darkness.

Ember woke up with pain spiking at her in every inch of her body. She groaned in pain as she quickly got up to her feet.

Ryan ran up to Ember and stood beside her. She felt weaker somehow. She felt nothing.

No power roaming inside of her.

Ryan whispered, "I'm sorry.. I-I had no idea this was going to happen.. this-this has gotten too far. He's insane! Oh- oh my god... he's gonna kill me." He whimpered, shaking with fear.

"Wha..? What do you mean? Wait where-where am I?" Ember asked nervously, she had no idea what was happening, her last memory was of when..when she shifted back into Spectrum to help her friends.

Why aren't I remembering anything now?

Fear sank in creepily as her eyes widened. When Blade came over, she didn't understand a thing he said and Tyler suddenly seemed bigger and more powerful.

"What? Oh right the deal." Tyler grinned to Blade.

Blade groaned happily as Tyler injected the serum into him. Blade roared in pain as he fell to the ground. His eyes stayed open as Ember saw the dragon spirit dying.

He shifted back into Ash and Ash gasped as he woke up. Tyler smiled as he watched Ash try to cover his private area with his knees. He was just as confused as Ember was.

"Hello Ember... who's the powerful one now?" Tyler chuckled hysterically as he started shifting.

Ember's jaw dropped as she couldn't believe what she was seeing before her eyes. Tyler screamed in pain as he shifted into Ember's dragon spirit.

Tyler was now Spectrum.