4.Canola Oil and Scotch

" Promise that you won't attack us again" Steve said, looking me straight in the eyes.

I stared back, pretending to contemplate the option of killing them all. " Of course I won't." I smirked.

Bruce hesitantly approached, and checked my IV. It was to his standards, so he removed it, tentatively. I looked to the others "Is he always this nervous?"

They looked at each other, slightly smiling. " He once turned green just because I made him a coffee that was a few degrees too warm" Tony explained.

" It was literally boiling!" Bruce complained. " Stark, you know I have no choice when the big guy decides to come out"

" Okay, fine. It was lukewarm."

Steve came over to me and let me free, looking over me once again just to make sure I didn't have any weapons. I stretched out my arms and legs like a cat, uncomfortable from sitting on the chaise for so long. I decided to get up, standing and walking around the lab. "What's this?" I asked.

" That's your cells" Bruce answered, walking over to me. 

It was on a large TV, were some blobs, separating and coming together, turning blue, and then red, constantly changing. I didn't know what cells looked like, but I knew that normal ones didn't change at such a rapid rate. A loud voice came from the loudspeaker in the corner of the room, " Avengers, report to base"

The team looked at me immediately, with confusion. " What do we do with her?" Clint asked

"We can't leave her alone. No one else here is more powerful than her. We will have to bring her with us" Natasha said.

"Fury won't be happy"  Steve commented, moving towards the door.

" And if you do anything," Tony said to me, " We will not hesitate to knock you out again"

I headed towards the door, Tony and Bruce behind me, the rest in front. I didn't know who this Fury guy was, but as his name suggests, he didn't seem to be a pleasant person. We walked through a hall with labs on either side before entering a giant room, able to fit at least a thousand people, I assumed. A curved window gave a view of a giant city, something that I had never seen before, only read in books.

 My eyes widened, and I took one more step towards the glass wall. It was beautiful. Towers and buildings and noise all could be seen and heard from up here. Brights lights intruded my vision, forcing me to blink a couple of times. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. 

" Like the view?"

A tall, bald man walked up to me, with an eyepatch, wearing a long, black leather trench coat with combat boots. Compared to the Avengers, who wore casual attire, Fury was battle ready. The Avengers seated themselves at a long table, conversing with each other.

" You're the Experiment"

" Yes"

" Yeah, we're gonna have to get you a name" Tony called from the table.

" Bruce and Tony have asked for you to stay for a few days to test you" Fury continued, "After that, I think that your abilities would be a valuable asset that cannot go unnoticed. Meet me in the training room at 1400 hours tomorrow."

I looked up at him in disbelief. " I don't get it. I tried to assassinate two of the avengers and you don't even give a crap about it!"

"What do you expect?" Fury asked.

" I don't know, maybe to be thrown in prison or something!"

" You could escape prison in a heartbeat"