12. Hope and Blood

As soon as Madam B exited the room, another guard pointed a gun at me.

I summoned ice, letting it spread through my veins and hands, turning the air cold. More servants pointed their guns at me, aiming for my head. I let that frost pour from my mind, cover their hands in so much ice that they couldn't move to fire their guns. And if they could, the lubricant in the guns froze as well, rendering them useless. I then smiled, causing the ice to come up in stalagmites that tore through their throats, blood pouring onto the concrete floor. At least six people were dead, and I hadn't even lifted a finger.

As soon as one servant made a gurgling noise in his throat, my eyes widened and a whole dozen servants burst through the door, aiming their guns at my head. As soon as I drew in my ice to attack again, a bang echoed throughout the room. And then I felt it. A tearing pain in my leg, and I felt the reverberations of the bullet entering my skin, travelling through muscle. I cried out, causing the ice to retreat from the room.

One servant caught me by the chin and held a knife against my throat. " You will regret that" he said, " Or maybe, you won't have time too"

My cold anger was the only thing I felt, and I remembered the days when I was bullied, and experimented on and cast aside like I was less than human. The countless days spent huddled in my tiny room, with only my imagination to keep me company. The countless times they had made me kill and murder against my will. I was never given the chance to do what I wanted, never even given the chance to say what I wanted, because of the fear of my own life, and others. The amount of young girls that I had seem beaten bloody by servants, and I could do nothing about it. There were so many times where I stood back and watched, for if I interfered, there would be more people put at risk.

I had pent up all of this anger and fury, and it burned through my veins with a smouldering vengeance. I had tried to push all of that hot rage deep down, down where no-one, not even myself could see it. And now it sprung forth, escaping in one hot flaming wall.

And then I was letting it all out.

And the world was on fire.

I let it all out. All of that rage and fury and anger and all the wildness that came with it.

The second I opened my eyes, ashes were tickling my nose, ashes of people lost to my flames. There were no more servants, no more guards to keep an eye on me ever again.

No more.

All of a sudden the door flew open, and a dark silhouette intruded my vision. Not again. I didn't think I could summon my powers again. I was so tired.

The figure stepped forward, and I recognised him as the man I saw the other night. Clad in green and black clothes, with sleek black hair and pale, almost blue skin.

" You look like shit"

I leaned back, aware of why he was here. " I can't believe the Avengers allowed for you to come, Loki."

" Hydra is coming at this exact moment. Your friends won't fare well without any backup, and I doubt they'd trust me to unleash my full potential on them. "

" I can take out a few, but my energy won't last long."

He walked over, grabbing a bolt cutter from the table and cut the metal chains from my chair. "Why are you doing this?" I asked.

" I just like to help people"

" I'm about as close to believing that bullshit as I am to flying to the moon"

" Thor attached a taser to my neck. I won't be inflicting any damage any time soon"

I stood up, wobbling from the chair, and placed a hand on Loki's shoulder to keep my balance. The pain was starting to kick in now. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds to block it out, and tried to walk. My leg buckled and I held onto the chair for support.