16. A Dance with Death

Walking down a busy New York city street, smelling the food that vendors sold and listening to street music gave me a wave of calm. It wasn't often that I was able to go outside, especially on my own agenda. In fact, it was the first time in my pathetic life that I had planned my own day. Yes, it might not have been what the Avengers wanted. Yes, they were possibly looking for me, but with that little outing came a calming sense of freedom.

My leg had healed enough to walk on it, although I had to sit down for a few minutes to regain my strength after walking around New York for an hour.

As for how I had escaped the Avengers tower, it was easy. I had stolen a Photostatic veil from the control room, and set it to look like a SHIELD agent. I had gone to Tony Stark's office to swipe a credit card and went to the training room for some weapons, and just walked out of the tower. No violence needed.

As I was queuing at a vendor to receive some shawarma, I spotted a man, wearing all black with a red and gold logo, the logo of the Red Room.

It was one of Dimochka's men.

Dimochka's guard spotted. I'm going in. I said in my mind, loud and clear for Loki to listen to. He said he would be listening in all day, and wanted all of the details. He also said he could tune into my mind if I let him in, kind of like watching a TV screen. Honestly, I didn't even realize the extent of Loki's powers until he used them on me.

Got it. Loki said. I'm tuning in.

I looked around for more guards, and sure enough, five more were spread out across the street. I crossed the street, going into a mainly deserted alleyway. It opened into an even more abandoned street, which I walked down, aware that every step was watched by Dimochka's guards.

Suddenly, a strong arm pulled my into an alleyway, and a blindfold covered my eyes. Hands pulled my own arms behind my back, and locked them with manacles. I heard a loud van pull up beside the alleyway, and I was pushed into it, into a middle seat, with two guns against my head.

I wasn't surprised at the least, nor was I worried; I could disable these men with one thought. The only reason why Dimochka had me in this position was to make me feel uncomfortable, to make the guards feel safe, or, he didn't know that extent of my powers. I almost smiled at the thought. I was happy with it being any of the three. We rode along for an hour and a half, and the change in texture of the road, and the amount of times we had to stop told me that we were on a country road, out of New York.

We pulled up, stopping on a gravel road. The men shoved me outside, and I only got to feel the hot sun for a second before being pulled inside of a building. My arms and legs were tied to a hard, metal chair, and the blindfold taken off.

I was in a large warehouse. It was empty, except for at least 20 guards, and a person, sitting on a wooden chair with a wide brimmed hat, smoking a large pipe.

" Always a pleasure to see you, Dimochka, at least, not your face" I smirked, confident. I couldn't act scared in this situation, not this time.

" Girl, I'm going to cut straight to the point. I don't have much time here, nor do I have patience for any childish games of yours. Are you with the Avengers?" he stopped blowing his pipe, waiting for an answer

" Only when I want to be"

" Good. Have you told them anything about... us?"

" Why would I? It's not like theres anything in it for me. And by the way, you wouldn't like if I spilt any information, wouldn't you?"

" You have no choice, girl, there is only a slight chance that you will escape here alive, and that is only if you agree to all my terms, wholeheartedly"