19. Oh. Ok.

Loki and I walked down the hallways, two sets of feet echoing in the corridor. It was strange, to be facing the Avengers with Loki on my side. To be wary of the Avengers responses, rather than them being wary of mine. Right now, I was was the girl who had the information. Information that the Avengers needed. The girl who had to be responsible for relaying that information. I didn't even have to tell them it, although, if I didn't... I couldn't think about that possibility. 

And, I was glad to have someone by my side, even though I knew that he wasn't to be trusted. Not ever. But still, his presence gave me confidence. Loki walked on my left, matching his stride to mine. He stood up straighter, and the black suit he was previously wearing flashed gold, revealing his trademark green battle armour, complete with gold and green embellishments. His hair changed too, instead of at a clean bun at the nape of his neck, it was swept back, just touching his shoulders. 

The Avengers must have known that this was serious, because when we entered the giant room, they sat on chairs with cold expressions. Nick Fury also joined them, as well as who I could only assume was Maria Hill. From what I heard from SHIELD agents who worked in the Avengers tower, she was Fury's second in command, almost as cutting as he was, but a more strong and imposing figure. They all stared at us as we entered, some confused by Loki's attire. They ignored it though, realising that my information was even more important than Loki's dress style.

" Maeve, you probably know why we invited you to dinner-"

" I'll tell you everything." I sat down on one of the chairs. "On one condition. Just, don't freak out"

" Deal" Steve said. " I just want you to know, Maeve, that you shouldn't be afraid to tell us, we are not going to judge you, however you got the information"

" Go ahead. We're listening"

I sighed. " A couple of days ago, I got an anonymous tip-off that my associate, Dimochka, was after me. He wanted me dead, since I know far too much about the underworld for his liking, and there is a hefty price on my head for committing multiple offences under Madam B's commands."

I looked at Natasha, and she nodded her head slightly, so slightly that no-one would recognise it except for me. 

" I travelled into downtown New York, finding Dimochka's men.Or should I say, they found me. He knew something about the spectre, after all, he is well known in the underworld, and he wouldn't pass a chance to be a part of a project with one of the most dangerous weapons in the world. I let myself be captured, and they brought me to an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of New York. There, I was able to escape and extract the information from him. I couldn't tell you because word spreads fast in the underworld, and if you guys knew, it wouldn't be soon before everyone knew. Also, I predicted that you would try to either track or accompany me, which would terminate the mission. I wanted it to be me, alone. I let Loki know, partially since he would not stop annoying me about it. He mentally watched me, planning on alerting you if anything went wrong. So, no, I wasn't completely on my own. I communicated to Loki telepathically throughout, and was completely confident that it would go as planned. Which it did"

I looked at Loki and raised an eyebrow. " Now, you are all probably wondering what information I was able to receive. Loki can help you with that"

The Avengers glanced at Loki, and he smiled. " Get ready for one hell of a dream"

All of the Avengers, including Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and I, were pushed into Loki's memories, swimming in an ocean of pictures, flashing by in waves. I could feel the presence of my teammates, could feel there surprise and wonder at Loki's powers as he pushed us all into his memories of the warehouse. But their astoundment also came with suspicion and concern. Steve, Nat and Tony struggled to escape Loki's mind, so he send a wave of calm towards them. Of course, they probably think we are trying to brainwash them.