Chapter 7

That morning Namjoon woke up in a hurry to immediately tend to Jimin.

He felt pleased when he noticed Jimin's complexion returning to its previous honey like warmth.

Jimin as ever was content to see his dear Namjoon again. Especially excited to hear how his brother was doing in Alpha Taehyung's presence.

"As I have told you before, your Alpha Taehyung remains a man of great value and honor," said Namjoon as he cupped Jimin's hands in his, noticing how they were still cold.

"Stop with that! He is simply a good Alpha towards all. He isn't mine, let's not assume things... but please share how the rest have been with you?"

"Well, your favorite omegas down there are up to their usual antics."

"Oh Joonie. They may be vain and insecure but they're not that bad!"

"You always want to see the best in people," said Namjoon sadly, for it was a quality he greatly admired in his brother but felt he could not practice in earnest.

"We all have our faults and own narratives that play a part in how we see things," Jimin admonished him playfully, "And it hasn't escaped me that you haven't said a single thing about the Alpha Seokjin."

"The Alpha Seokjin?" Namjoon looked at his brother as if he had asked him to travel to China and back to Korea in twenty minutes, "Well it's the same old with him. He stares at me greatly and that's to pick me apart for what I lack. He even laughed at me when he saw me trip over a banana in the kitchen yesterday! I'm laughed at often but I look forward to him leaving our village ... but mother would be proud to know I've kept her promise."

"A promise?"

"To never dance with the snooty Alpha Seokjin again," Namjoon laughed but no joy could be heard, "To think he asked me for a dance and so intimately? Our parents and brothers and this town would never believe it. Even how I had the chance to reject him."

"My god! And he took this rejection as how? Be careful Namjoon! Remember your place and that he's an Alpha!" Jimin looked worried to the point that Namjoon regretted sharing these details.

"Calm down Jimin. You're still unwell. Nothing of the sort happened as you think. He was... actually...quite the complete opposite," replied Namjoon, "An actual gentleman of education."

"Really? Well I do find it fascinating he asked you," Jimin looked confused, "Especially after his shameful behaviour the first time he saw you. Alphas don't show any interest in omegas they've rejected in the past...he seems to be an unusual Alpha and perhaps more polite than we thought?"

"Unusual indeed," Namjoon snorted.

The brothers continued speaking and enjoying one another's company. 

They were interrupted soon by the knocking of a servant sharing them the news of their mother Mrs. Kim and their youngest brother Jungkook arriving to the property.

"I should get ready to see mother," Jimin began to climb out of his bed but Namjoon softly pushed him back.

"You will do no such thing. Rest," said Namjoon, attempting to be calm and hide his nervousness of his mother and youngest brother's arrival, "You know she will come directly to you."

Namjoon was patient with his mother considering he was aware of here flight of fancies and his brother's lack of holding back his tongue. 

This would be quite the event to juggle with Alpha Taehyung's family and the Alpha Seokjin in presence.

Namjoon left Jimin to get ready in his best knowing his mother would fiercely criticize him if he was not presentable. 

-