Chapter 21

If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.

 – The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

-

Mr. Kim had wished his whole life to spend the little money he had saved, for the betterment of his children and his wife, if he would outlive her and them. He now wished more than ever he could still have it returned. But he had done his duty in protecting a child, Hoseok could have been lost forever to them and he knew as upset as they would be they would never forgive him for not trying enough with the eldest omega. The jewel omega in his wife's eye.

It was a minor fortune that they came across Beta Min Yoongi. Already wedded to Hoseok after Mr. Kim heard the news of the proposal and written his consent back, they had a wedding without him in person but he did not mind as he cared little for festivities. 

It was unusual how quick it was, but other things were stranger afoot. The amount of money Beta Min Yoongi had supposedly inherited. The Beta was cautious and shy in explaining how he had discovered a certain amount of money he acquired from his loving great grandmother of recent.

Quickly enough, Beta Min Yoongi promised he'd buy a proper house for Hoseok. Mr. Kim could not understand why the Beta could afford so much in such little amount of time but this made the transition of Hoseok back into society of their village easier. The conversation instead of being about Hoseok marrying to a lowly Beta was now all about how much Hoseok had inherited a wealthy man disguised in rags.

It was all too strange, but Mr. Kim suppose it could have been worse. His wife of late had come to be in higher spirits as she realised the town folks complimented her for having a new son-in-law of good economic means.

And somehow fortune once again came across Mr. Kim when he received in the mail news from the bank of Alpha Jackson returning all the inheritance money he had given. He couldn't believe it. He presumed his brother-in-law Uncle Bang had paid instead, considering how the man was a wealthy self-made entrepreneur in Seoul with several places. 

It still was a great burden to Mr. Kim to owe Uncle Bang so much and he shared this privately with Namjoon, as he knew he omega son was the most discreet of his children and an easier confidante. 

And while Namjoon was overjoyed by the news, the omega boy couldn't help find it strange that Uncle Bang had yet to write them back about refunding them.

"I've had enough of the dalliance of my sons," said Mr. Kim as he sat down in front of his desk in his study room, "I hope to hear no more news of Alphas, Betas or marriage. Let me rest in peace."

"I'm sorry father," Namjoon felt sympathetic to his father's stresses as the man was already elderly.

"I married too old my son. I admit I picked your mother for her appearances. She had dazzled me with her smiles & bosom," Mr. Kim smiled gently, "I had more vigor in those days and more of temper then too. I was never around enough as I was busy with schooling other children. You would have not liked me if I were here more often as you do now."

"Father. You've always had a hidden temper, but you now delude yourself in believing you've gotten better at hiding it."

"That's right my son. You know me well! Come, come," the man motioned for his son to come over and Namjoon understood as it always meant as a request for affection. A tender kiss on the older Alpha's forehead, "Now off to bed and don't worry anymore of your foolish father my boy."

"Foolish? I've inherited that trait by a wealthy amount from you."

-

Foolish is what Namjoon had felt.