Chapter 10 - Part 1

"I know you despise me; allow me to say, it is because you do not understand me." 
― Elizabeth Gaskell, North & South

It wasn't until by afternoon did Jungkook drop the news to his mother of Alpha Jackson's promised arrival.

She at first through a fit telling him he shouldn't be inviting strangers off the streets but her mind quickly calmed down as she saw the potential of finding Hoseok a mate. For she worried the rumours of her son messing around in fields with a Beta were true. 

Jungkook had shared with her the man was an officer and she decided to prepare quite a feast. As she thought Hoseok being claimed by an attractive but modest Alpha would nip that gossip.

Alpha Daehee had suddenly felt unwell from his drinking the night before and would not be included for their evening meal. Much to the pleasure of the boys and Mr. Kim.

-

Alpha Jacskon was greeted with much warmth by the boys when he arrived. Jungkook had actively shared with Hoseok and Jimin the Alpha's interest in Namjoon. They like Namjoon found him to be captivating for his looks and mannerisms.

Mrs. Kim as well was happy by the sight of the Alpha and had him sit next to Hoseok, but Hoseok understanding the situation excused himself from their meals claiming to have a terrible stomach ache.

This allowed Namjoon and Alpha Jackson more time to converse with one another over travel, music and art.

Namjoon was smitten but decided to not get his hopes up too high. 

After their meal Alpha Jackson had asked to walk Namjoon around the property.

As they walked Namjoon was curious if he would see the Alpha at the ball.

"Will you be heading to the ball tomorrow?"

"I'm afraid not. Although I'm certain you will look dashing and it will be a great miss for me."

"That's a shame. I thought you would come," Namjoon frowned.

"Yes, well I have many reasons why I can't come."

"Busy courting other omegas?" Namjoon teased.

"No, no. I only have my eyes set on one at this moment," the Alpha gave Namjoon a focused look, "Can I ask? Do you know the man that was with Alpha Taehyung the day before?"

"Alpha Seokjin? I barely know him. He's not very well liked in these parts."

"Is that so?" Alpha Jackson's eye's lit up, "And what do you think of him?"

"I rather not think of him," Namjoon said, "And it is best I remain that way with him."

"Do you know how long he's been around here?"

"About a month. He stays with the Alpha Taehyung, but he will leave to Seoul although I do not know when."

"Yes, Alpha Seokjin has many lands and property in Seoul. Over seventy-eight and others littered in the country side," replied Alpha Jackson, " He has many important relations in high society. You would wonder how I know this? For I was raised with him as a child."

Namjoon could not but looked utter surprised.

"This shocks you doesn't it? Especially after the cold manner we greeted one another with. What do you personally think of Alpha Seokjin?"

"I find him dry from the little interaction I've had," Namjoon answered warmly, and Alpha Jacskon felt at ease by the dimples shown.

"I have no right to give my own opinion as I'm quite biased of my situation with him... "