Chapter 20

After hearing what Jimin had to say of Hoseok's whereabouts, the Beta Yoongi headed back  home to search for the few coins hidden beneath his bed. 

The journey to Seoul would leave him poverty stricken, but he knew of no other way to live if he did not go.

-

The three omega brothers were left alone with Mrs. Kim. Their mother holed herself up in her room as they had cousins come and go to comfort her but she was in a state of grief constantly, all in black clothes as if readying for the news of a funeral.

"Your father boys. He will have to die," Mrs. Kim sobbed into her handkerchief, "Let's pray for his soul to rest well. He was a good man."

Mrs. Kim grabbed Namjoon's hands to lay in her own. He could feel how old and thin her wrinkly hands were as shook in his palm.

"What nonsense are you speaking of mother?!" Jungkook shouted in dismay.

"Oh you hush! You're too young to understand the way of the world. Your father will have to duel  to the death with Alpha Jackson to return Hoseok if they have no plans to marry!"

"Mother," Jimin attempted to pacify the situation,"I'm going to ask the housekeeper to bring you some tea. You would like that wouldn't you?"

Mrs. Kim pouted as if she was on a verge of another tantrum.

"Mother," said Namjoon softly, "I'm going to ask to make some rice porridge for you. You would like extra scallops and minced pork? You always enjoy that in the afternoon." 

"No," Mrs. Kim's stomach then growled, "Well I suppose a bit of tea and some pork would do me good."

"Rest mother," Namjoon kissed her forehead and the other boys repeated the same before they exited the room. 

-

The boys waited downstairs listless wondering when they'd hear of news of the family.

Jungkook stared outside of the window. Jimin attempted to paint a picture. Namjoon tried to read a book. None of them felt present.

"A letter must have arrived!" Jungkook excitedly got up to run to the door.

Namjoon and Jimin could only stay still in shock and anticipation as the youngest dashed back inside and tore the envelope up.

"Be careful Kookie," said Namjoon in anticipation, "What does it say?"

"It's from Uncle Bang and it's very short," Jungkook looked at the letter in dismay as the content did not provide much comfort, "Uncle Bang and father have not found Hoseok. They encountered a friend of Alpha Jackson in Seoul. This friend said Alpha Jackson has no plans on letting anyone know where they are unless he's promised a certain amount of money... supposedly Hoseok is all in the dark of this business."

"Of course Hoseok doesn't know!" snapped Namjoon, "That Alpha Jackson is a charming snake. He likely has Hoseok believing they're on some great adventure before they marry instead of being used for ransom."

"Poor Hoseok," said Jimin mournfully, "If he knew he would leave. I am certain of it but he's an omega out there with no family or friends. Who could he trust?"

Namjoon could only pensively walk back and forth. Grip tight on his book. 

"I hear something-" Jungkook casted the letter to the side and looked out the window, "Someone is arriving here by horeseback. My god no... please no..."

"What is it Jungkook? You're frightening me," Jimin frowned.

"It's Alpha Daehee."