Chapter 22

a/n: It's been a while. Hasn't it? I've become rusty...but I will do my best. Barely edited... This chapter does mention eating/dieting issues that can be triggering.

-

Namjoon rather not count the times he felt foolish. 

He kept glancing at Alpha Seokjin. Hoping for some semblance of acknowledgement. Any signal that would have meaning that would play into his hopes late at night instead of preying on his fears. Nothing came of Namjoon's hope. Alpha Seokjin sat in his spot besides Alpha Taehyung. Only focused on his friend. 

It stung Namjoon. 

Alpha Taehyung was showing a clear interest in Jimin. 

All bashful smiles were exchanged between Jimin and Taehyung whenever Mrs. Kim would briefly exit the room to fetch more beverages or snacks in an attempt to make Taehyung stay longer.

The Alpha Seokjin would stand up a few times, pacing back and forth. He appeared more preoccupied by the sight of the floor that afternoon or looking out the window.

They soon after Taehyung couldn't stomach a sixth plate of kimchi offered by Mrs. Kim. 

They left with polite graces but the brother's could tell Alpha Taehyung had a glint of hope in his eyes while Alpha Seokjin remained unreadable.

-

The next day Alpha Taehyung returned, but without his companion Alpha Seokjin.

It stung Namjoon when he heard the news of Alpha Seokjin leaving to Seoul in the afternoon.

The sadness didn't linger long as Alpha Taehyung arrived in a celebratory matter that lifted the spirits of everyone around.

When Alpha Taehyung proposed that Jimin and him take a walk around the garden, alone, everyone had fell silent knowing what it meant. 

Mrs. Kim surprisingly didn't make a spectacle of the momentous occasion. They agreed to leave them be.

The house members fell silent as the two handsome couple walked out to take a "stretch". 

Namjoon and Jungkook could only stare at the clock while Mrs. Kim kept herself preoccupied with knitting , muttering a few occasions she was glad: "Alpha Seokjin did not dare show his face again!" out loud, and Mr. Kim polished his collection of mini buddha statues gifted to him by an old aunt in Nepal.

Everyone held their breath as they heard the turn of the knob and the shuffling of shoes being taken off to return in.

Jimin came in first face rosy in the cheeks and eyes beaming like a child, "Mother, father, brothers! Alpha Taehyung and I- We're getting-!"

Alpha Taehyung looked flushed and shy behind Jimin who could barely contain his excitement.  The omega rushed to embrace his family who greatly cheered for him.

"I knew it, I knew it!" Mrs. Kim rejoiced.

-

The up coming months  of planning the wedding was a whirlwind in the Kim household. Alpha Taehyung would visit three times a month but had many dealings and matters in Seoul to attend much to the couples regret.

They had a temporary scare for a bit when Jimin began dieting for the wedding and looked deathly ill. 

Hoseok would visit with Yoongi, and the older omega scolded Jimin into eating properly but the worrying and attention only made Jimin grow more anxious and temperamental from yelling to crying fits. Mr. Kim had enough and would hid away in his private office room, door locked.