8# A Dose of You

Aadyot was beyond excited that evening. The cricket match went well. Though just a practice match, being a part of winning team and playing the final shot is always euphoric. And he can't wait to share this news with his 'di'.

As he parked his cycle and stepped in, The 'Bose house' in its usual style was quiet. How much he hated this silence, the dead feels it gives, contrary to the buzz and energy in the field. He was caught by Dadi who gave him an suffocating hug, like she does every now and then,"Aa gaya Mera raja beta." Her standard dialogue. Raja beta! He sighed - How old-fashioned

"Dadi, Don't call me that! Please." He protested. Just then Sumitra walked in.

Hi Mom!

"How was your match, Adi? Sumitra asked in a tone of a strict school teacher. The excessive pampering of Aadyot by Parvati worried her. At times she had to don the hat of 'disciplined mom'

Good Mom! Aadi answered like an obedient student. ,"And you have to see the shot.." He started off excitedly. Sumitra cut him short.

"Go freshen up. We will have dinner in a while and make sure you finish your homework." There's goes all excitement in the drain. Adi sighed. Some never change.

"Ok, Mom! Adi picked his cricket kit and retired to his room.

Sumita watched him in silence. Her son's love for the cricket was a concern. He wants to be a cricketer which she felt was a not so good dream practically. She wanted him to focus more on studies and take over the family business. Adi had other plans. Business didn't excite him. Cricket did. Hence Clash of interests. Falling grades, Cricket would be out of the picture, That was the condition, Sumitra had put in.

Aadyot was not the one to give up. His grades were good, so she didn't have a chance or option to complain. He didn't want to give any and there's only one who would patiently listen to his cricket chronicles in entire Bose family and had always been supportive His di.

She's not in her room. There's only one place she would be at this time.

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, Swara insisted on leaving as Adi would be back from the match. But she didn't have to as Adi himself had come down to Gadodia residence. Adi shared a warm friendly bond with Gadodia family, especially with Ragini.

He would call her Rags, much to Swara's amusement and Ragini would side him saying, It sounds quite trendy. In turn, he was called champ by Ragini. On another hand, Ragini loved the bond Aadyot shared with Swara. Thanks to him and his presence which made Bose house an easier place to live for Swara. Little Bro and his loving sis. As Adi shared bits of his match, Janaki who just walked in holding a bowl of 'jamun' for kids, smiled looking at the trio.

She still recalled those days when Swara would complain and break into tears about Dadi not letting her play with little aadi. "He's my brother Right? Why would Dadi say I will be a bad influence on him. She never lets me play with him." Janki would hug her close and console holding her tears back as Swara would mumble midst sobs "Main Buri Nahi hoon maasi"

But The call of blood is hard to ignore. It has a magical binding. True in Case of Swara and Aadyot. As Adi grew up he bonded more with Swara than anyone else much to Parvati's dismay. He very much looked like Sekhar and loved his Swara di very much.

Aadyot on other hand was not ignorant of happenings in his house. He wished sometimes he was elder or big brother who would have a say in affairs and could set things right! He never liked the unfair treatment of Swara di over Kavita di. 'Kav Kav' is what he teased her at times much to Kavita's irritation. The more Swara was outcast, The more he stood by her. Chota ya Bada, a brother is supposed to protect his sister is what he would say to Swara, who would just smile and ruffle his hair. Her brother, Her lone warrior.