32 # The Big Night

Hey All

Back with an early update, at least I presume its early than intended. I am yet to catch up on a few comments from the last update. Apologies for the delay. Will do so.

Happy Reading.

------------------------------------

When Swara and Sanskaar were busy weaving dreams, that very evening, few more events were set in motion. Parvati Gadodia walked back with good news about Maheshwari's not-so-strict terms regarding their 'Choti Bahu". Sumitra couldn't be happier.

Annapurna Maheshwari, that same night shared about Parvati's gentle probing to her husband and how she herself hinted their willingness to consider alliances from other communities.

That's a good thing, Annapurna." Durga Prasad Maheshwari looked up from the file, "It means they are considering Sanskaar to be a prospective match for their daughter. Let's wait for Sanskaar to be back. We will set the talks going."

Annapurna nodded happily. Finally, her long pending dream of Sanskaar's marriage would come true.

--------------

Damn You, Idiot! Sanskaar cursed himself, back in the hotel room. It's been what? Not even 24 hours and he's already going crazy missing Swara.

Now you made the rules, Bhugto. He sighed at the inner voice and undid the tie.

True! He committed himself to this and he had no intentions to break the rules. Just one more day, wouldn't they be together forever? At that thought, he felt at ease. On a good note, the meeting went absolutely well and was on the verge of successful closure. One final meeting the next day, few more formalities, signing of the documents and a dinner party. Done and dusted.

Next morning he would be on the flight to Kolkata. And the very evening...Swara would be in his arms like 'that night.'

Tossing the shirt aside, Sanskaar picked towel. Time for shower and dinner. Ok! Fine He can't call her but he definitely can think of her. Little concessions.

Standing under the jet of water, he felt tiredness being washed away. She would have seen dress by now, and turned all red, Sanskaar smiled. It falls on bit bolder side, but he knew Swara is confident enough to carry it with ease. Hadn't he seen her do that in a little red frock that night, looking like a ticking bombshell? Every moment was still fresh in his mind. How she walked up to him asking for a dance, her eyes, a reflection of disappointment at his no and the glow when offered a dance, His little talk...Did he really think she can't speak? He chuckled.

It would have just been another passing night, if not for ...kiss and what followed next. Sanskaar closed his eyes and let the water run through him. Maybe it would cool down the fire building up in him...the same heat of desire and yearning, even after years just as a reminder.

She left him ruined, ruined for a lifetime. Not once even in her absence these years, the thought of other woman crossed his mind, not when she ruled his heart and mind like a reigning queen. He could never make sense of it then. Now he knows why. Her love for him...deep, unadulterated and he had to bow down. Not that he had any complaints. Love as such, needs to treasured and he had every intention to do so.

Turning off the shower, Sanskaar reached for the towel. Feeling much better and composed, he stepped out and eyed his mobile greedily. How about a blank call and hearing the voice? Such a tempting idea, but no! Once he hears her voice, he will crumble and give up his will.

Taking his eyes off the phone with a tremendous effort, Sanskaar pulled out his night dress. Nothing more comfortable than track pants and a loose t-shirt. A quick dinner and he sank comfortably on the bed. Closing the eyes, he recalled their parting last night, her image crystal clear in his heart. Her flushed face, her fluttering eyelids as he kissed her goodbye...and twinge of worry in her eyes as he left.