26 # And that's how!

Few answers in this update and yet to catch up on lovely comments of a few darling readers. Pardon me! Will do so tomorrow. 

Happy Reading. Please ignore errors and typos.

---------------------------------------

Ram Gadodia believed in keeping his personal and professional life apart. His job as an attorney demanded secrecy in dealings. This same principle limited his interactions with clients to strict professional lines.

Gadodia & Associates is known to be, one of the reputed and successful law firms in and around Kolkata, and it didn't happen overnight.

Post his bar exam, It would have been easy for Ram, to join one of the business firms, as in-house counsel but he had other ideas. He believed in playing fair and square and is not ignorant of undue pressures in his profession, which prompted him to go for his own firm. That would give him the freedom to work per his terms. His wife Janaki, supported his decision and stood by him through thick and thin. It hadn't been an easy route to success.

Gadodia & Associates, had a humble beginning, in a small rented office with one client and Ram knew no empire would be built in a day. He worked hard, manage to get few cases won a few, lost few. Every loss fueled his zeal to succeed and his deep-rooted determination started bearing fruits over the years.

His strong solving, negotiation and critical skills, ability to build and maintain strong client relationships helped him build a steady business and down the years, he became one of the big names in the field of law. His business mainly dealt with representing clients in criminal and civil litigations, draw up legal documents, manage and advise clients on legal transactions. His client list included who whos of the Kolkata business arena ...and Maheshwari Group was one of them.

That morning, an unexpected call from Durgaprasad Maheshwari requesting for a one to one meeting, left him surprised. He dealt most of the cases for Maheswari group, but it's usually Adarsh, who reached out to him. Though he and 'DP' as the business world termed, Durga Prasad Maheshwari...met on quite a few occasions, it never went beyond professional lines.

Hence the call left him ...intrigued.

-------------------------------------------

Durga Prasad Maheshwari didn't believe in delays. There was a reason, he kept Swara's candidature on the hold. No doubt she is bright and brilliant, academically but that wouldn't qualify her for an alliance.

It didn't take much time for him to pull some background information on Swara Bose from his sources. As he went through mailed document ... the mention of Ram Gadodia, piqued his interest. He could always use some first-hand information and he was glad Ram had accommodated his request with no questions.

And now, seated in front of him, with the aroma of piping ginger tea, filling in cabin...they considered each other.

"I would have been glad to come down, If it was needed, "Ram started the conversation.

"Because it was personal, Ram." Durga Prasad Maheshwari took a sip of his tea paused for a minute.

"It's about Sekhar Bose"

________

After an hour and a half, DP walked out of Ram's cabin with a full load of information. As he headed back to Mansion, he recalled his meet. Ram seemed reluctant first and he had few questions.

It was only after his assurance he would have his answers at the end ...he took his word for it. The name of 'SekharBose, surely stirred some distance memories, he could say from Ram's expression, of deep melancholy.