First Day of School (ch. 3)

Above is Apollo^^^^^

Cathal's pov
========================================================

Startling sparks are not what I thought would be the first thing I ran into. Slightly dazed a pat my leg waiting for Apollo to come and lay next to me so he could help me get back up. Once I had finally gotten back up I used my enhanced hearing to see if the wall that I bumped into was still there, and surprisingly is was.

"Next time, watch where your going!" I gave a slight jump from the anger that was very prominent in his speech. Never  in my life had I had someone tell at me to watch where I was going, mostly because Apollo was kind of a dead give away, with his service dog harness and all.

"I'm sorry, Apollo must have thought you would go around, most people do when they see him." I spoke quietly with my head down, making sure that my eyes were out of view. I fidgeted with my hands and wrung them nervously. Apollo wasn't just my seeing eye dog as people call it, he was my emotional support dog. Apollo was always there when I would get a panic attack or anxiety attack. He was always there to comfort me.

"Well, your damn dog isn't aloud on school grounds anyway!" He said with a slight huff that he was trying to not make so visible. I was  surprised that this guy hadn't seen Apollo's harness yet, it was quite obvious. Hearing retreating footsteps I told Apollo to continue heading to the attendance office. Once there I received my schedule, and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek goodbye. My first class was history, so I started heading there with Apollo leading of course. Knocking on the door I waited for the door to open Or for someone to yell for me to come in.

"Enter." The voice said with a dull tone. I knew this was not going to be a fun class. " Everyone, may I have your attention. This is Cathal and he will be joining us for the remainder of the school year, does anyone have any questions for Cathal? " the teacher asked with a hint of slight annoyance in his voice. I could hear people screaming every way, asking personal and not so personal questions about me and Apollo. "Joy, what would you like to ask Cathal?" The teacher asked once everyone had calmed down.

" I'm sure everyone is wondering just as much as I am, where your from, you have an accent, and what the dog is for. " what surprised me was that Joy's voice was that of a man's not a woman like was expecting. After processing the question in my head I took a deep breath and answered.

"Well, I'm originally from Ireland, but moved here when I was fourteen. The next question was about Apollo. Apollo is my seeing eye dog, which means, he sees what I can not and leads me where I need to go." I said with a simple shrug. After most of the questions were answered I was told to head to my desk, which was in the far left corner of the room.

Slowly sitting down, Apollo went under the desk like he was trained to do, letting his side touch my leg to make sure I was ok at all times. Pulling out my Braille books, I kept along in class. After that class it went on just the same. Next class, be introduced to the students, be asked repeated questions, and finally start class. What a hectic day.