FEELING

The large group of teenagers made their way out of the house leaving it empty, some not wanting to, others not being able to contain their excitement.

The Johnson house wasn't close to the bustling city streets of New York but it wasn't that far away either. The sounds of traffic on these streets could still be heard. The sun was setting, painting the once blue sky more of an orangey pink, the sparse clouds also tinted with colour.

"Let's go further that way. Get more of the city vibe." Cheryl said, wanting her friends to experience the full feeling, she and Toni did. Not really caring that they were walking down a street to get there.

"And we're walking... walking... feeling... nothing ..." Sweet Pea said rolling his eyes as he took long slow strides following the two girls who claim it's fantastic.

"Since your pea brain can't handle the facts, we have to get closer to the city, the felling is stronger there, more liberating, more whoosh." Cheryl said, turning around, walking backwards. She flipped her hair with her hands to demonstrate what the hell her sound meant, everyone excluding Toni not understanding what she meant.

"You know what? I think... I think... I can feel it... something." Sammy said spreading his arms out walking ahead of the other teenagers, he quickly span so he was facing them, right before letting out the biggest burp in his history. "Oh wait, never mind." He spoke with a hint of embarrassment but an even bigger hint of 'you're talking absolute bull crap'. 

"Oh hush up, Sam. You've lived here your whole life, you're practically immune." Toni said, explaining her 'theory'. Sammy rolled his eyes in response, they weren't going to admit it was only them.

"Guys we've walked quite a long way, maybe we should go back." Betty spoke up after a while more of walking, if she was going to feel something she would've by now.

"It's getting dark too." Kevin added, agreeing with his best friend. He couldn't deny that New York was stunning and he felt excitement as he reached the city, but a spectacular feeling of whoosh? He couldn't relate.

"Sorry guys, I guess street walking is over."
Veronica said to Toni and Cheryl giving them a sympathetic look, as the two both pulled looks of disbelief.

"Really? Nothing?" They said simultaneously, their eyes scanning the fellow teenagers.

"Yes, nothing. I'm terribly sorry." Jughead spoke up gaining everyones  attention. He hadn't been talking much, mainly observing the beautiful woman that was Bobbi Johnson.

"You didn't feel anything whilst walking with Bobbi?" Toni said, not believing the two didn't feel 'the feeling' they were on about.

"Only love for my girlfriend." He said as if it was obvious, this caused the groups eyes to widen and lips to break out into massive grins.

"Love?" Haley spoke up, nudging her best friend in the shoulder as she hid her face embarrassed.

"Let's just go back to my house." Bobbi said, grabbing onto the nearest peoples arms, which happened to be Haley and Kevin, and dragging them in the direction of her home.

When arriving at the house, many of the teenagers dispersed, some going to their rooms, some to watch tv, some to go eat. However, as Toni and Cheryl stood by the door, dissatisfied and disappointed, Fangs approached them.

"I felt it." He whispered quietly, the girls eyes snapping towards him.

"You what?"

"I felt your feeling." He repeated, the two stared at him, mouths agape.

"And you didn't say because?" Toni quietly yelled, scolding the boy for making them seem like idiots in front of everyone.

"I didn't want to ruin my status as man of the group." He said jokingly, trying to lighten the moods, of the two teenagers who were made a fool of.

"I'm the man of the group asshole." Archie, who had secretly heard the whole thing, spoke up suddenly, causing Fangs to roll his eyes.

"You felt it too!" Fangs yelled in return before following a storming Archie up the stairs, red in the face from embarrassment.

"At least we know the feeling is real."

a/n - this is so much longer than some of my other chapters, and i actually am quite pleased with this one, especially after being really disappointed in my most recent ones. Thank you for reading and voting, it means the world. love you the most, emily