[Eng] Chapter 21▪ The Queen Leads

Arjun is arranging some files. Tia comes behind him and nervously rubs her palms together.

"Arjun, today... I have an appointment with the doctor. So..." Tia hesitated, "Will you go along?"

"Of course, I will. Is this something to ask! You go and get ready," Arjun cupped her face with one hand and replied with a smile before going out of the room.

"He smiled at me?" Tia questioned herself, "He smiled at me! Yessss! Yess!" she jumped in happiness.

"Ooops!" holding her stomach, "Sorry, baby. It's just that your daddy smiled voluntarily at your mumma for the first time. That's why couldn't control," she giggled.

"He smiled at me..." she sang and did a happy dance carefully.

"Tia, control," she composed herself, "And get ready," she mentally slapped herself.

~

ArIa were currently in a clinic for the baby's first ultrasound. They were waiting to be called in.

Seeing Tia rubbing her hands together continuously, "Don't worry, everything will be fine," Arjun assured Tia by grabbing her hands.

Tia was taken by surprise with his action. She looked up from their joined hands to meet Arjun's eyes which were already looking at her. He slightly nodded his head and she gave a small smile in return.

After 10 minutes, they were called inside. She made her way towards the bed and laid down on it. Arjun caught her hand as the doctor pulled on her medical gloves. She applied some lubricating gel on Tia's abdomen. A small device was placed on her abdomen and moved to and fro. A high-frequency sound reflected back and ultimately created a picture which was shown on a TV screen, placed beside the bed. Tia's hold on Arjun's hand tightened as they looked at the screen. They could hear some beeping sounds.

"This sound...." asked Arjun with curiosity.

"That's the heartbeat of your baby," the doctor replied smiling. "And there's your baby. Healthy and happy," she pointed on the screen.

They stared in awe.

"Can we have a picture?" Arjun asked which surprised Tia.

"Yeah, sure."

~

On their way back home, no one spoke anything. But it was clear from their smiling faces that they were overwhelmed with happiness. Arjun was still holding her hand, which doubled Tia's happiness and she couldn't stop grinning.

When they reached the palace, everyone was already seated in the living room. They were all excited and eagerly waiting to see the baby for the first time. The only execption were Tejaswini and Jai.

"We have been waiting since so long, Bhai-sa!" Gayatri says impatiently. "Leave all that! How's the baby? Isn't everything alright? What did the doctor say?"

Without saying anything else, Arjun just handed the grainy printout to her and they took seats on an empty sofa.

"Oh my God! So cute. Awwllee my little cutie baby...." Gayatri was talking to the photo as if it was the baby.

"Rajkumari Gayatri, let me see as well," Maharaj was also getting impatiently.

"May no one's bad eye befall on my unborn grandchild! Arjun, frame this photograph," Maharaj suggested, to which Arjun nodded and Tejaswini rolled her eyes.

Then the photo was passed on to everyone. Even though no one could figure out anything, they simply admired it.

Even though Jai wasn't interested at all but he was smiling whenever anyone said something about the baby. But Tejaswini was totally annoyed. And seeing Arjun holding Tia's hand, fueled the fire within her. At last the photo was passed on to Tejaswini.