Chapter 8

Cywren and Timebomb stepped up into the National Archives as if it were a casual visit, only to find the Brotherhood searching through the books. Copper was in corner instructing the men on how to proceed with the books. He noticed Cywren and Timebomb and excused himself. He walked over to his friends and smiled.

"Good to see you again," Copper greeted.

"Good to see you, too," Timebomb said.

Cywren hugged the Supermutant. "Good to see that you're okay."

"Yes. Its great to see you both in good health, too." Timebomb blushed. Copper caught it and eyed him. "Something on your mind, Timebomb?"

"Actually... we... um... we almost died the other day..."

The shock on his face was clearly readable by everyone in the building. Cywren quickly jumped to Timebomb's defense.

"It wasn't his fault!" She opened up her Pip-Boy and opened her status screen. "Look, I'm fine now, thanks to him."

Timebomb seemed as though he wanted to say something but nothing came out.

"We accidentally walked into a raider camp filled with landmines," Cywren explained. "One activated and the whole area began to explode. The raiders were shooting as well." She opened up a status save on her Pip-Boy. "Look. Chest and limb injuries. Timebomb suffered similar injuries but he-"

"There is no need to continue," Copper interrupted. Cywren put her arm down and looked him in the eyes. "You are alive and well after he cared for you, correct?"

"Y-yeah."

"Then let him explain the situation in his words." Timebomb flinched. "Start from how you got out of the camp, Timebomb."

Timebomb looked at the Brotherhood guards staring at him and sighed. "Cywren used her 'Fast Travel' feature from her Pip-Boy and landed us in Megaton. The moment we landed, we walked to her house to recover. Cywren collapsed so I took off her clothes to-"

"What did you see?"

Timebomb blushed slightly. Frustration filled his face. "Bullet holes were scattered across her chest. Some of the bullets weren't very deep but the others were."

"So what did you do?"

"I took out the bullets... and carried her to the Megaton doctor to fully aid us."

"So you weren't peeping?"

Cywren slapped Copper's hand. "Stop teasing him!"

Copper laughed as Timebomb's face got redder. "I'm sorry, Timebomb, but I had to do it."

Timebomb's hands curled into fists but he stayed where he stood. "Apology accepted."

"Oh! That reminds me. Cywren, you came here for a reason?"

Cywren smiled. "I figured it out."

"Timebomb cut that detail didn't he?"

Timebomb performed the impossible: his face got redder. "You didn't ask for detail!"

Copper laughed even harder. "I didn't, but I should have!"

Cywren placed a hand on Timebomb's shoulder as the whole building shook with laughter.