Chapter 17

"Timebomb!" Cywren called from the kitchen. "Vahl's going to be late for school!"

Timebomb came down with a young girl with pitch black hair and ash colored skin. She wore a small blue shirt and a matching skirt, a pink backpack hung from her shoulders. She rubbed her little eyes.

"I got her," Timebomb said. "When does school start?"

"7:30."

He looked at the clock. "She has ten minutes to get there. I'll get her there quickly."

"Bye, sweetie."

Vahl hugged her mom and took her father's hand. "Bye, mom."

The two left the house and the door quietly shut. Cywren sighed as she sat down at the dining table and began eating her breakfast of egg and toast. As she was eating, she looked up at the wall on her right and saw her Pip-Boy displayed in a case hung up against the wall. It has been ten years since she last wore the wrist tool, its many features saving her from countless dangers.

When she finished her meal and cleaning the dishes, she headed upstairs to the spare bedroom and opened the closet. Inside, was all of the weapons and ammunition Cywren carried when she arrived in the Outcast Community. Laser weapons, plasma weapons, melee weapons, sniper rifles, machine guns, hunting rifles, hand guns, and LMGs. She sighed as she closed the door and relocked the closet with the lock she picked many years before. She put her bobby pins and screwdriver back in her nightstand and opened her walk-in closet. Her lab coat, vault jumpsuits, armored Vault 101 jumpsuit, raider armor, and other clothes she discovered in the wasteland hanging nice and neat on the hangers. She pulled down her Vault 101 lab coat and put it on. She stood in the mirror and admired herself. How much the coat reminded her of her father... She put on her original Vault 101 jumpsuit and memories of her life in the vault flooded her mind. How many times did Butch and his gang pick on her and Amata? The Brotherhood of Steel armor reminded her of everything she did with the Brotherhood, the raider outfits of the enemies she fought, and the armor from the pre-war era. She danced in her lab coat around the bedroom until the door cracked open and Timebomb walked in. He stopped and stared at Cywren, who blushed from embarrassment. Timebomb walked into the closet and came out wearing his armor from the journey across the wasteland. The two danced with excitement, feeling a decade younger.

Before they even knew it, Vahl walked in with a set of clothes in hand. When she saw her parents dressed up, she giggled and ran into her room, re-emerging wearing a medieval set of armor. The family laughed together and jumped on the bed. Night rolled in silently and the three fell asleep in their suits.

Love had brought a young girl and a raid survivor together to create a young girl who grew up to become an excellent member of the Outcasts, wielding nothing but a bow and sword. The pride the parents had for their daughter was prodigious but not as much as their love for each other. No, their love was noted by the neighbors, the Outcasts, the Brotherhood, and the raiders who lived to tell the tale.

Although their lives did not last forever, their love and actions forever influenced the wasteland.

__________________________________

A/N

I hope everyone enjoyed this fan-fic. This is my second "A Fallout Tale" fan fiction. I am amazed at the support this story got. I usually hit about 20-30 reads a night after two weeks of the first chapter. Thank you for the votes and thank you for reading this to the end.

-DullReo99