18 | Life of the Dead

THIRD PERSON POV

After talking to Natalia, Valentine decided to visit someone who's currently living in his basement just to make sure he's alive still. He received specific order to keep him alive for something no human ever think of.

As he entered, a group of medical team was trying their best to tend to the persons wound, especially the deep cut on his throat. Valentine watches as they work but look away when the person suddenly bleeds out again.

"Valentine, I thought she wants him dead? Why would she want him alive and make things complicated than it already is?" Asked one of the doctors who work for Valentine.

"You really think Natalia will let him go after what he's done to her and her family? Death is a privilege for someone like him. That woman is sinister and she wishes to make him suffer like she does," everyone cringe as they remembered how evil Natalia can be.

"She wants him alive just so she could make him suffer? That is so Natalia," Valentine nod as he looks down on Silas who's in deep sleep.

"Everyone thought as she gets older, she will change how she normally acts but, I saw how much she capable of doing and that was recent. That woman will never change and it's slowly transferring to her daughters. Her dark thoughts, her action, her boldness, her kids have it and slowly, she nurturing it into a perfect Natalia 2.0," the others look at each other and imagine if both of daughters becoming their mother.

"I'm more scared of Sasha becomes like her mother. Aren't you afraid? She is your daughter," Valentine shrugged.

"Guys, she already shows us all that she's a Vladimir and I'm sure that she will use that name to gain whatever she wants," Valentine knows that even if he said something, nothing can change the fact that Sasha's been living with Natalia since she was born.

"I mean she even developed in Natalia's body for 9 months. I'm sure Natalia's monstrous urges for blood is overwhelming for an unborn child," Valentine chuckled at how one of the doctors interpreted it.

"Whatever you do, just keep him alive. We really don't want Natalia herself skin us all alive. And I'm not even joking, this is serious. Just ask Peter over there," Valentine pointed at one of the guys whose standing behind Valentine.

As Peter removed his mask and everyone gasped at his face.

"She really skins his face off?! OH MY GOD!" Valentine nod.

"And this is all because he forgot to do one crucial task she had given him," Peter nod. Even after what Natalia did to him, he can't leave her side because he promised to serve her for life. Even if he tried to escape, Natalia will surely come for him and finish him off.

Valentine excuse himself before he went out together with Peter who followed him closely behind.

"Tell me, Peter, why did she skin you alive?" Valentine asked as they walked up the stairs.

"Because I tried to kiss her," Valentine giggled at his misfortune.

"What a naive little boy. Yes, she did say all those sweet words to you but that doesn't mean she wants you. You learned that from the hard way huh?" Peter nod.

"Anyway, What is she planning to do to him?" He asked.

"She's Russian. What do you think she'll do? She's going to keep him alive and torture him like he did to her. It's payback time," Valentine explained the motive of keeping Silas alive.

"She doesn't care about her wealth that he took, she simply wants to teach him a lesson he won't soon forget," Valentine added.

***