19 | Parts & Revelation

GUSTOW'S POV

"Sir, are you listening to Camila Cabello's song, real friends?" I look up to my niece with a smile. Was it that loud?

"Yes, why?" Sasha shrugged her shoulder before looking out at the windows. We had just arrived in Ostria and currently on route to Ostria's royal palace.

"So, am I suppose to just stand behind you while you deal with the royal family?" I nod my head.

"Yes, you only speak when I ask you to," Sasha nod before she looks outside again.

"This kingdom is peaceful, except for the war that happens because of the location of the diamond mine," I turned to my niece.

"What war?" I asked since no one ever told me about it.

Sasha explained to me how the neighbouring kingdom wanted to claim the diamond mine to be theirs. This is such a troublesome news since I wish to own the mine myself. I pinched the bridge of my nose before thinking of a way to negotiate with those who will on the way of my plan.

"How did you manage to get an audience with the king, sir?"

"I told him that I'm going to make him prosperous than he already is. I never knew the king would be that greedy while his people suffer like so," Sasha looks out and noticed a few homeless people on the street, begging for money and food.

"Taxes are high but wages are low. How do you think a normal citizen could survive like so? Adelaide want to change that and with my help, she can have this kingdom," I can see the palace by now. It's big, but... the Vladimir palace is bigger.

"How do you plan to make her the ruler? The princes suppose to be the next ruler and I think the princes will never just agree to let their little sister be their ruler," I smiled.

"Sasha, you've known me since you were born. I think you know how capable I am when it comes to politics," the car stops in front of the palace entrance. I can see the envoys who suppose to greet us standing with a couple of concubines.

"Lord Gustow Vladimir, it's nice to finally meet you," I was greeted when I got out. He offered his hand to me.

"I hope the king doesn't too unhappy to see me with my guard," the envoy looks behind me before his face shows how disgusted he is.

"Well, she is forbidden to enter the palace but for you, my lord, anything is possible. We all know how you work and we, the minister of Ostria doesn't want anything bad to happen to us and the kingdom," So they heard about my wife's exploitation around the world huh?

Good job, sweetheart!

"Will the princes be joining us? I haven't met any of the princes. Who's going to take the throne when the king retires?" The envoy invited us both in.

"That would be Prince Albert, my lord. He's the oldest and has what it takes to rule a kingdom. Please, follow me. The king is expecting you," hmmm... let the fun, begins.

***

"Lord Gustow, meet my sons, Prince Albert, Prince Henry, Prince Martin and Prince Philip," for a Prince, they don't have the attitude of one. Am I suppose to bow to them? How rude.

"My sons, he's. or your regular Duke. You suppose to bow to him," the king said but they didn't bow at me at all.

"What? I never heard of a duke who has more power than a Prince," If I recall correctly, this is the next king, Prince Albert. I can see the downfall already.

"Albert, don't be rude to our guest, he's not like other regular Duke," the king insisted but his son just ignores him.

"A duke is a duke, bow to us," this ... is ... I raised my hand when Sasha seems agitated. He wants me to bow? I'll give him a bow.