20 | Faith

THIRD PERSON POV

Anastasia Vladimir, wife of Gustow smile at her in-laws when they agreed for their kid's matrimony. This trip wasn't a waste at all since she even asked her sons to follow her and meet with their partner face to face.

"Honey, tell me, what's going to happen now that our sons marrying their former fiancées?" Anastasia pointed at the princes who standing by not far from where they are.

"Their eyes mean to kill!" Anastasia chuckled like a snob rich lady she is.

Gustow turned to see the princes and gave his most charming smile ever. The princes were not happy at all.

"For now, we just have to wait and see. You know how much I spent to bribe the elders? $20 million each! I hope this is worth it," Anastasia chuckled.

"The price of a couple of my collectable Birkin bag but that's actually an investment. The price will go up up up the older it gets," Gustow wrapped his arms around his wife's waist.

"Well my duchess, before marrying you I have no idea everything was possible but now, the sky is the limit," Anastasia turn to look at her husband.

"But Honey, we own several airlines company. I'm sure space is the limits!" They both laugh before Natalia and Adelaide went to see them. Natalia was weirded out but she ignores them since whatever they laughing about, it's somebody's misfortune.

"So, we've just met with the elders. They agree to crown Adelaide as the new ruler at the coronation. The king will be forced to take off his crown and let Adelaide take over. The thing is, it's after graduation, so, in a month time," Gustow nod. That's how he planned it. He was glad that the elders finally sees the light from this.

"I can't believe I'm going to do this. There's no history about a female ruler in Ostria before. I'm making history myself, also thousands of conspiracy along the way," Adelaide seems excited and worried at the same time.

"Adelaide, just so you know, I won't be backing down from this. You took everything from us! You left us with nothing! How could you do this to us, we're your brothers!" Adelaide heard her brother, Albert said before facing them.

"You did this to me. You and father, DID this to me! I was just a girl who respects my family but did they respect me back? No. You were blinded by gold and fame that you literally sold your own sister to someone who I wish I never knew. No offence," Natalia raised both hands.

"I'm taking everything from you and father. Your rank, your wealth, your reputation, everything belongs to me and my future wife. You have nothing left, Albert. You're poor now, a normal civilian," that was the last straw for Albert's anger when he literally choked Adelaide by the neck.

It didn't take long for the Vladimir's bodyguard to raised their firearms at the former prince and demand that he release Adelaide. As much as Albert wants to be a criminal, he just doesn't want to get killed by them.

"You've won now sister but not for long. Not for long," Albert leaves a subliminal message before leaving the palace with her brothers.

***

"Where are we going?" Sasha asked as she follows Adelaide towards a hidden place in the palace.

"I'm going to show you a hidden sanctuary that my mother had built for herself. You know, being the wife of the king and a queen herself sometimes really hard for her. She needs a place for her mind to relax," Sasha was curious as to why the place looks barren for some reason. It was not until she stumbled upon a place that looks close to heaven itself.

"Is that a waterfall?" Adelaide nod.

"It's all Mother Nature. The waterfall was there when she discovered this place when she first married my father. When I was old enough. As the only daughter in the family, she shows me this place and tells me that I can just come up here and relax as long as I want. Right now, I truly need it," Adelaide sigh before sitting on one of the rocks that facing the waterfall.