chapter four | one email unread

*ring ring ring*

What's that noise all about? I groaned as I rolled to the other side of my bed but then, I woke up to the sound of someone calling on my phone. I was kind of hesitant to get up by this time for I was really tired from yesterday's activities. I had a lot of fun with my unnie but now, the effect of being mulmishimae had already attacked my system. It was like I wanted to just sleep all day.

I squinted my eyes and answered the phone call.

"Yah, Jendeuk?" The voice from the other side of the phone spoke up. It was Kim Taehyung, my favorite cousim.

"Hm?" I lazily replied as I stretched out my bones and yawned.

He sighed, knowing that I'm still in bed. He knows me that well. "Are you still going to show up here at the airport? In a few moments, Jisoo-unnie will be boarding already."

My eyes shot open and I felt my heart speed up at my cousin's words. I began to gather things on my bag and wore a simple hoodie with leggings and at the same time putting my hair into a messy bun, not bothering to reply back to him. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my bag from my room, locking the front door in the process. I didn't even mind the sickness that my mulmishimae state had caused.

All what matters now is seeing my sister for the last time because I know, it'll be a couple of months before seeing her again, physically.

"Jennie? Still there?"

"Yah!"

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Annyeong?"

"Nyeongan?"

"I'm on my way now to the airport. Be right there, oppa!" I said and put on my shades since I didn't wear makeup at all. I hailed a cab and told the driver to hurry up to the Gimpo airport.

----

*Flight BP0816 is now open for boarding*

"Maybe she'll not arrive anymore--"

"Jennie-noona!" Jungkook waved at me while I ran towards them at the airport.

I greeted them with hugs individually until I turned myself to my unnie.

"Still a sleepyhead, eh?" Jisoo teased the hell out of me for I slept way past my alarm clock time. We laughed together, alongside my cousin and his boyfriend. "Isn't yesterday an exception for being the reason of being a heavy sleeper for today?"

I hugged her and I felt the sudden hit of reality. This is it. I felt tears rush down my face and I felt Jisoo do the same.

"Take care, unnie. I'll miss you. Saranghaeyo." I said once again while crying and I felt her say the same thing. We stayed like that, and in my peripheral vision, Taehyung-oppa wiped a tear at the sight. Jungkook offered a hanky to him and they laughed together like little kids.

"Jennie-ya, I have to go now.." I felt loosen her grip from me, making her slip away from my arms as I sobbed to another set of arms. Taehyung rushed over to me to hug me for Jisoo-unnie had to go now.

"Gajima." I softly whispered and Jisoo just hugged me again and kissed my cheek as the last goodbye of ours.

"Nyeongan, Jennie." She finally let go of me and went inside Gimpo Airport. I just cried until Jisoo unnie was out my sight already.

She returned once again for awhile just to say, "Ppoong!"

----

"Jendeuk, eat your breakfast now. You can't just be like that for the rest of your life." Taehyung sighed in frustration and in worry at the same time.

Jungkook held his lover's hand. "Just let noona be, it takes a while for someone to just be fine after being left by their loved ones."

I smiled at Jungkook's words and offered a high five, which he gladly returned. Taehyung smiled at our small interactions, knowing that Jungkook's slowly getting close to his family.

We're here now at an all-day breakfast restaurant near the airport, and was being accompanied by Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. Their objective's to make me have my appetite after losing my happy pill.

They ordered almost everything that some of the ice cream delicasies were already melting. Gladly, these two ate some of it already that had lessen our meals, and to endulge such meals.

"Yah, just be strong okay? Uljima." Taehyung-oppa squeezed my hand and offered a warm smile and with that, I began to eat somehow.

"Just to cheer you up unnie," Jungkook said and smiled at me. "How about you count the red cars, Tae will count the blue cars, and I'll count the black cars? Let's see who gets to have the most cars eats this banana split."

"Yah! Everyone's been inlove with black lately and owns black cars now." I complained and smiled at him. "You'll get the most number of cars!"

Taehyung just laughed his ass off at his lover's dorky side. "That's the point! I'll win either way."

"Why can't you just ask if you can just eat it?" Taehyung playfully pinched Jungkook's cheek. "Don't you want to be exposed as an heavy-eater?"

"Even if I'm like that, I still have abs." Jungkook winked at Taehyung, who got red all of a sudden.

I just laughed at their little banters and spent the rest of the morning walking on random streets after eating breakfast. Today's going to be a day full of adjustments.

----

"Thanks for the ride, lovebirds. Drive safely." I said as they dropped me off to my house. I watched them go until they were out of sight. Turning to my front, this is the reality now. I'll be living on my own now. Without anyone to hold onto.

I opened the front door and a booming sound of defeaning silence welcomed me to the large household. I sighed and walked over to the display of pictures at the front.

There was a picture of me and unnie riding a bicycle for the first time, another from junior-senior promenade where we got the ugliest dates ever that we've decided to just date each other, and one with our parents.

I wiped a tear at every moment of the pictures. Hell, I couldn't even count the times of how much I've cried today.

I went upstairs and directly laid on my bed. It was the effect which came back again to my body. I began to get dizzy when I heard my phone's notification fill the room's silence when my hands traveled inside my bag and I felt a notebook so I took it out alongside my phone. I unlocked my phone and saw the weirdest thing ever.

One email unread.